Do your curls fall out too quickly? Want more curl than large hot rollers give? Something between Veronica Lake structured and bed head beachy waves? This seems simple but isn’t always easy to achieve. And it is even more complicated if the hair is long and won’t fit on a typical roller or wand.
Hot rollers give more volume than structured curls or waves. Steam curlers give lots of tight curls but cause dents or frizz. And many hot rollers and curling wands can’t accommodate longer hair. Meet the NuMe Classic Curling Wand. It’s a versatile hair styling tool that quickly delivers glossy curls that can last for days, even on long hair.
The NuMe Classic Curling Wand comes in three sizes, 19mm, 25mm, and 32mm. The 32mm is best for beachy waves. I got the 25mm (one inch) for classic waves or curls. It can do most styles for me. It has an easy on-off switch and heats up (FAST!) to the perfect temperature. It has a ceramic barrel and infrared heat combo that is suitable for most hair types. It comes in three colors: black, pink and turquoise.
From unboxing to applying hairspray to my finished bra-strap length hair, it took 16 minutes. I got natural-looking curls that stayed bouncy all day and until I wash them out. Since then, I’ve gotten it down to under 11 minutes.
The wand heats up before I even have my hair brushed and sectioned off. Each curl only takes 3-5 seconds to hold in place and then set.
Hot rollers can’t do the full length of my hair. The NuMe has a long enough barrel to accommodate even very long hair. The curls are soft and natural-looking.
These curls and waves are natural-looking, with no dents, ridges or bumps like I tend to get with rollers.
ABOUT BARREL MATERIAL & INFRARED HEAT OPTIONS
I obsessed over barrel material options best suited for my hair. Barrels come in Ceramic, Metal, Chrome, Tourmaline, Titanium, 24k Gold or Teflon. NuMe has all these options.
The infrared head combined with the ceramic barrel curls my hair with the least damage. My hair has a hard time holding a curl. My hair is coarse, so normally a titanium barrel would be the suggested choice. But my colored hair is dry and damaged. Titanium feels like overkill. I’m very pleased this infrared tourmaline ceramic barrel can achieve curls that stay all day even on my hard to curl hair.
HOW I USE THE NUME, STEP BY STEP
After sectioning off my hair, I start the curl at shoulder-length for the bottom layer. I curl starting from around my ears for the middle layer. I do curls a bit higher on the top layer. This keeps the visual length of the hair.
This is what I did, step by step:
- Section off the hair. Take a piece not too wide to start.
- Wear the glove so you can touch and smooth your hair on the wand.
- Hold wand with the tip facing down. Curl away from the face. I took smaller sections than I do with T3 curlers. Wrap hair flat like a ribbon for barreled curls. Wrap tight like a rope for springy, defined curls or to achieve brushed out waves.
- Hold for 3-5 seconds. Less time for beachy waves, longer for tighter curls.
- I hold the curl in my hand a few seconds to keep the form, then let it drop or clip it to cool.
- I went back in on sections and pieces I missed, or if I took too big a section.
STYLING THE CURLS:
- For more structured curls, hold them individually in a clip until they cool.
- Instead of brushing or combing the curls out, I gave my hair a VERY light spray of hair spray. Then with my diffuser hair dryer set on cool, I flipped my head upside down, cool the curl for a few minutes. Then I shake them out while still on cool. Arrange with a comb or my fingers where needed, another light hairspray on the front areas.
The results? The curls held from 6AM to 6PM with absolutely no drooping, even on a windy rainy day. The curls didn’t frizz or droop until I washed them out. It went surprisingly fast to do all my hair, and I didn’t have to do my whole head to get a curly look.
The curl is very natural-looking, soft, full, lush, curls with movement. Hair feels very bouncy.
WHAT I LOVE
Heats fast, curls hair fast. The barrel is long enough to accommodate even Courtney’s very long hair. If hot rollers can’t do your full length, the NuMe Classic Curling Wand is a great option.
- It comes with a glove to wear on the hand that is not gripping the wand handle. Use it. It helps hold the new curl in your hand for a few seconds once you release and drop the curl, and it is easy to accidentally burn oneself with a wand that has no clip.
- The wand lays flat with no “resting spot”, so it slides around on an even surface. Have a wand matt or silicone pad to protect countertops and keep the wand from sliding while heating or when sectioning hair.
The NuMe Classic Curling Wand is a solid, easy-to-use hair tool that creates long-lasting curls in minutes. Excellent price point. Comes with glove and clips. The ceramic barrel with infrared heat works well on my damaged, naturally coarse hair. The curl or soft wave stay all day. I love that curls set in seconds. The NuMe Classic Curling Wand barrel is the best I’ve seen to date for accommodating very long hair with a full curl.
WHERE TO FIND IT
Find the NuMe Classic Curling Wand in the 19mm, 25mm or 32mm size at https://numeusa.com/classic-curling-wand
Have any questions about the NuMe Classic Curling Wand? The Style Chicks are here to answer them.
Leave a comment or email us at [email protected]
ABOUT THIS POST
NuMe Classic Curling Wand was submitted to Style Chicks for consideration purposes. All opinions and experiences are 100% our own.