Environmental stressors accelerate skin aging. So we are excited about Volto Urbano, an innovative brand with skincare formulations based on peer-reviewed research. The result is barrier-repairing, restorative skin care that combats external aging factors. Today we look at Moisturizing Blue Oil, a lightweight, restorative, go-to oil packed with skin-enhancing goodness.
About our Exposome
Our skin has seen some things. Bad things.
We know sun exposure damages (and ages) skin. Research reveals environmental stressors are also a significant oxidative factor. Turns out, skin aging is more influenced by extrinsic than intrinsic processes.
Our “Exposome” is the collective experiences our skin sustains which results in accelerated aging and damage.
In a review of environmental studies evidence, European scientists, specializing in environmental medicine and/or skin biology concluded that air pollution, UV radiation, frigid temperatures, dust, dry air, tobacco smoke exposure, and even our cosmetics and skincare can take a collective environmental toll on the skin.
Studies also show air pollution can also make existing skin conditions, like atopic dermatitis, even worse. 
But you can fight back.
Finding the Right Skincare For Your Environment
Products to counteract environmental impacts may work well in one location but be unsuitable for another. Skincare needs in a cold, dusty, rural area are very different than a hot, humid, polluted city.
Many K-beauty oils masterfully address environmental concerns in certain environmental conditions. But these oils are often too heavy and oily for stateside use.
If you are concerned about the impact of environmental stressors, you have probably tried a few products. If K-beauty oils are too heavy for your skin, Volto Urbano Moisturizing Blue Oil is a lightweight but highly effective oil option.
Volto Urbano Moisturizing Blue Oil is a light oil, despite some rich ingredients. It doesn’t feel greasy or tacky. Just a few drops leave even dry skin smooth while quelling redness and irritation. My skin just drinks it in and it dries down to a silky finish.
Rich in Vitamins A and C, it counteracts environmental damage without drying or irritating skin.
It can be applied directly to facial skin or mixed in with your favorite cream.
Moisturizing Blue Oil really shines in hot humid weather. New England is experiencing record high temperatures. This hot, sticky weather is paired with moisture depleting air conditioning. We especially love that Moisturizing Blue Oil is a protective, hydrating barrier without feeling at all heavy on the skin. Skin looks refined, plumped, and dewy.
Only a few drops of this lightweight oil are needed. The oil has a natural lapis blue hue. This is due to the chamomile derived, skin-soothing Guaiazulene. Let’s take a closer look at Moisturizing Blue Oil’s researched-backed, skin-loving ingredients:
About Volto Urbano
Few brands address the impact of environmental stressors without excessively stripping or overly oiling the skin. Volto Urbano produces highly moisturizing skincare that combats environmental skin damage.
We also like Volto Urbano’s natural plus clean lab-synthesized preservatives approach to steer clear of harmful chemicals while maximizing the efficacy of natural ingredients.
We love that the Volto Urbano range doesn’t contain buzzword or trendy skincare inclusions. They only use ingredients proven to be effective.
Volto Urbano develops skincare formulations are based on peer-reviewed research published in dermatological and chemist scientific journals.
Not sure how to combat environmental stressors in your region? Take Volto Urbano’s “My Regimen Builder” quiz to find recommendations suited to YOUR skin.
Stay tuned for our follow-up post on our tips and tricks for getting the most out of Volto Urbano Moisturizing Blue Oil
WHERE TO BUY IT
Find Volto Urbano Moisturizing Blue Oil at Volto Urbano
Have any comments or questions about Volto Urbano Moisturizing Blue Oil?
The Style Chicks are here to answer them.
Leave a comment or Email Us
- Rinnerthaler, M., Bischof, J., Streubel, M. K., Trost, A., Richter, K. (2015). Oxidative stress in aging human skin. Biomolecules 5, 545-589. doi: 10.3390/biom5020545
- Krutmann, J., Bouloc, A., Sore, G., Bernard, B. A., Passeron, T. (2017). The skin aging exposome. J. Dermatol. Sci. 85, 152-161. doi: 10.1016/j.jdermsci.2016.09.015
- Kim, J., Kim, E. H., Oh, I., Jung, K., Han, Y., Cheong, H. K., et al. (2013). Symptoms of atopic dermatitis are influenced by outdoor air pollution. J. Allergy. Clin. Immunol. 132, 495-498 e491. doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2013.04.019
- Loden M, Andersson AC. Effect of topically applied lipids on surfactant-irritated skin. Br J Dermatol. 1996;134(2):215-20.
- Lopez Perez G, Torres Altamirano M. Indications for sunflower oil concentrate in the treatment of atopic dermatitis. Rev Alerg Mex. 2006;53(6):217-25.
- Fu Y, Chen L, Zu Y, et al. “The Antibacterial Activity of Clove Essential Oil Against Propionibacterium acnes and Its Mechanism of Action”. Arch Dermatol.2009;145(1):86-88. doi:10.1001/archdermatol.2008.549
- Muggli, R. (2005), “Systemic evening primrose oil improves the biophysical skin parameters of healthy adults.” International Journal of Cosmetic Science, 27: 243-249. doi:10.1111/j.1467-2494.2005.00274.x
- Grajzer, Magdalena, et al. “Characteristics of rose hip (Rosa canina L.) cold-pressed oil and its oxidative stability studied by the differential scanning calorimetry method” Food chemistry 188 (2015): 459-466.
ABOUT THIS POST
Volto Urbano Moisturizing Blue Oil was submitted to Style Chicks for consideration purposes. All opinions and experiences are 100% our own.