The I-Max TCA Peel is a VERY potent serum.
Make SURE to read all the instructions before use; this is strong enough to damage skin if not applied carefully and according to the directions. Also, allow plenty of time to heal as the skin will go through a sloughing process for several days. But when correctly used, this serum can treat scars, moles, warts, skin tags, deep over pigmentation, and general aging issues on face and body.
NEVER APPLY THIS FULL STRENGTH in the hopes of getting fast results, it can thin out the skin too much. For context, the undiluted strength of the serum is strong enough to remove a wart or skin tag. Full, undiluted strength is too much for an area of skin that is delicate enough to wrinkle.
Despite all these cautions, TCA can be a very effective means of fading dark spots, wrinkles and make the skin appear more even in texture and tone. If your skin has dark spots and deep scars that have not responded to lower strength peels or dermabrasion, TCA can effectively address these deeper-level skin issues. What I like about the I-Max TCA is there are no excessive irritants to the skin because it uses natural preservatives instead of chemical ones. This is done with a natural Vitamin “charge” that can be seen when opening the bottle; there is a fizzy reaction when some of the carbonated charge is released.
HOW TO USE THIS SERUM
1. PATCH TEST 24-28 hours before use. Even if you normally don’t do a test patch, do a test patch with this serum to have a sense of your tolerance and to see how much it does for a small application.
2. Read all the directions.
3. Wash skin thoroughly.
4. Dilute this serum in distilled water at a minimum of a 1:3 ratio. For first time users or those with known sensitive skin, 1:4 or even 1:5. I plan on a 1:5 ratio for a while until I build a tolerance. There are plenty of treatments in this bottle, err on the side of caution for the first use. DO NOT APPLY THIS SERUM DIRECTLY TO THE SKIN.
5. Apply the mixture gingerly with a fan brush, cotton swab or pad, avoid delicate skin around the eye area and under the nostrils, and near the corners of the mouth. Also, avoid any broken or inflamed skin.
6. Focus on problem areas such as dark brown spots, deep wrinkles, and scars. The serum can be used on loose skin on the face and neck.
7. This peel is to be left on for only a few minutes, 3-4 minutes the first time and never more than ten minutes on subsequent treatments. It will feel like a burning sensation at first. If it does not subside after 30 seconds, rinse it off.
8. To rinse off the serum, do not use anything harsh on the skin and do not scrub.
9. Apply an emollient moisturizer. I like the i-Max stem cell cream and the i-Max Post Chemical Peel-Soothing, and Moisturizing Cream has been great with any of the i-Max peel.
10. NO PICKING THE PEELING SKIN: After the redness subsides, there will be several days of skin peeling. Do not pick or rub at this skin or you will risk infection and scarring. This peeling and flaking give the appearance of a simple sunburn, but it is deeper than sunburn type of peeling and should be kept clean and left alone to heal. If you are doing this peel before a special occasion, leave enough time for your skin to recover and look optimal, at least 10-14 days before the special event to see the full and best effect. My peeling did NOT conceal with either a liquid or powder foundation, so plan your peel recovery timing accordingly.
11. Wear a sunscreen, especially while your skin is recovering.
CONCLUSION: A powerful peel that when used correctly, can accomplish far more than many at-home dermabrasion and peel products. Skin texture issues such as scarring, pitting from acne, and brown spots that do not respond to other topical treatments can be addressed. A stubborn brown spot I have on my temple that did not respond to Vitamin C, Retinol or other peels has started to lighten with this TCA peel. Good value.
Find it at Amazon.com
I received this product in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. If you have any questions about my experience with it, leave it in the comments section below, and I’ll do my best to answer it!