There are many callus removal and rough foot skin treatments including salon treatments, chemical concoctions, and even garra rufa, a fish pedicure where fish eat the dead skin off the feet! But smooth, callus-free feet are easily achieved at home with the right tool. We like the Utilyze Electronic Foot File, a powerful, rechargeable device for quickly and easily getting soft, callus-free feet with smooth, flake-free heels.
SPRING’S ALMOST HERE: TURN FANGLY FEET INTO PRETTY PIGGIES NOW
In winter, it’s easy to hide less-than-glamourous rough and dry feet in warm, thick socks and forgiving, snuggly boots. But as of this writing, spring is only two months away, and foot-flaunting open-back shoes and sandals come with it. And if a vacation to a warm weather locale is in your immediate future, getting your feet smooth and callus-free is a priority.
TESTING THE UTILYZE ELECTRONIC FOOT FILE
I charged the device for eight hours before use; it plugs in by the included USB port charger. Once the light turns green, it is ready for use. I went to work on my callus and cringe-worthy dry heels.
I am frequently barefoot at home and have calluses on the outer side of my big toes. I tend to procrastinate on removing these calluses because it’s tediously time-consuming filing away with sanding file sticks or pumices, and the results are often just okay despite filing until my arm gets too tired. But the removal process is simple with the Utilyze Electronic Foot File. I used the File two ways by doing one big toe callus completely dry and the other big toe callus after soaking my foot to soften the callus. Both worked very well.
Some things I especially appreciated:
1) POWERFUL: Utilyze Electronic Foot File is a very powerful callus remover, but if you press the roller too hard to the skin, the motor stops. I like this feature so that the skin itself does not get damaged and there is no burning sensation from overuse.
2) EASY GRIP: It is very easy to grip and to use, my hand and arm do not get tired when using it.
3) FAST RESULTS: It is much quicker than using a manual file or pumice with far superior results
4) SAFETY: It is safer and more sanitary than other means of callus removal such as razors or grinders that cut the skin. It is CE international safety standards approved.
5) COMFORTABLE TO USE: It doesn’t feel hot to the touch during use, and it isn’t painful or uncomfortable to remove the dead skin.
6) EASY TO USE: With a manual sander or pumice stone, I used a lot of “elbow grease” to get the job done. But this device just requires a light, gentle glide over the skin. There is no need to rub or scrub, press or push the roller into the skin; the device does all the work.
7) LONG-LASTING CHARGE: So far the one charge has lasted through a few sessions and has retained the same level of power.
Utilyze Electronic Foot File made quick work of smoothing my heels; that happened quickly in a few minutes. The callus removal I did in two sessions, using the fine roller. Not being familiar with the device at first, I didn’t know if the skin could use a rest, but it probably could’ve been done in one session. So far, the calluses have not returned, and my feet stay smooth after a very quick treatment. I also lightly glided it over the soles of my feet and toes to remove general dead skin.
The results were better than I got from the decadent foot soak and pedicure treatment that came with a full spa day of beauty pampering at a very expensive salon. As relaxing as a spa foot treatment can be, I prefer having my own filing device to eliminate any risk of infection.
I was also surprised at *how* much dead skin exfoliated so quickly into a fine powdery dust, so make sure to use the device somewhere it is easy to clean up afterward or drape a towel, drape cloth or old newspapers under your feet.
The device comes boxed with the rechargeable file itself, instructions, a USB port charger, one fine roller and two coarse rollers, a roller cover cap, and a cleaning brush. The color choices are red or black.
Replacement rollers are available at Amazon when they eventually need to be replaced, but they are pretty solid and clean up well.
The device is well constructed with sturdy materials; it is suitable for professional use. There are no loose or shoddy parts. I like that it’s rechargeable so that it is a sealed device instead of requiring batteries. It comes with a three-year warranty program.
It is easy to switch out the roller heads by pressing the button on the side which releases the current roller.
CLEANING THE DEVICE:
There is a small brush included in the kit to remove any dry skin dust debris from small crevices, and the roller quickly washed off under a running faucet.
The Utilyze Electronic Foot File is a very powerful callus remover, suitable for men and women that gets the job done!
It is an easy, enjoyable beauty treatment that provides instant gratification of smooth, softer foot skin. It smoothes tough callused feet to as soft as silk.
Unlike hand-held foot files, The Utilyze Electronic Foot File gives very effective results and leaves my feet soft enough to ensure against snagging expensive hosiery or trouser socks. It also leaves feet smooth enough to go bare foot or wear strappy sandals. Better results than I got at the spa!
Find the Utilyze Electronic Foot File at https://www.amazon.com/UTILYZE-Rechargeable-Electronic-Pedicure-Turbo-Boost/dp/B00QXHH5Z2/.
I received this product in exchange for my unbiased review and received compensation for my time and effort. However, my experience with the product and the opinions expressed in this review are 100% mine.