Curly-haired gals who color and highlight have fewer brass toning options. Â Brass toners are notoriously chemical-laden. They dehydrate already damaged tresses.Â So I volunteered in a heartbeat to try a hair rehabilitating brass toner. It’s called ProBerry No More Yellow Gojiberry Shampoo. It containsÂ Certified Goji Berry Extract, known to repair damaged hair, soothe dry scalps, and promote hair growth. And as the title indicates, it completely negates brassy yellow tones.
I cringe when my sunkissed highlights turn brassy. And right when my hair could use some love, I further dehydrate it with a brass shampoo toning treatment that leaves dry hair crunchy feeling. Even the brass conditioners from the salon arenâ€™t all that conditioning. It is like trading brass for dryness.
Why use A brass shampoo that rehabilitates hair
By the time your hair has brassy tones, Â your hair has probably seen some things. Bad things like hard water, oxidation, bleaching, color correcting, color processing, highlights, or dyes.
Or perhaps your hair just experiences natural aging causingÂ a yellowing or dingy tone on gray or white hair.
Are you a natural blonde with healthy but too yellow locks? Then keep your blonde hair healthy with a safe toner that hydrates.
The shampoo comes boxed and capped. There are directions and a click-lock pump dispenser. I like this feature to avoid shampoo leakage and pigment staining when not in use.
What Makes ProBerryÂ special
- Many anti-brass/purple toner shampoos dehydrate the hair, leaving hair feeling dry and crunchy. Â Many toning shampoos include some botanical to offset the damaging effects of toning. Goji Berries offers significant benefits
- It doesn’t leave a weird residue film atop hair that is detectable in office or bright sunlight.
- it is the most intense blue-violet purple I’ve seen, and Iâ€™ve tried most of them, from drug store to salon to professional only products. This is not a watered-down lavender. It is deep blueÂ PURPLE. Â There will be no yellow tones after one wash.
- No parabens.
One wash leaves brassy hair cool and healthy.
curly girl approved ingredients
If you have naturally curly, coarse or brittle hair, brass control is difficult as already delicate hair once dyed or bleached can become practically parched. All the ingredients in this formulation are considered safe for curly hair and dry hair types. Â Notably:
- Most of the Curly Girl community consider the cleansing agent in this formulation, Decyl glucoside, to be gentle and safe for delicate curls and brittle hair types.
- Acid violet 43 is considered safe within an otherwise safe formulation, such as this one.
- Glycerin is a natural, non-toxic, vegan-friendly humectant that helps hair retain moisture. It isÂ hydrating for all hair types and especially helpful to curly, coarse and colored hair.
- Free of parabens and sulfates.
And notably, this formulation contains Lycium Barbarum fruit extract, better known as Goji Berries.
One wash leaves brassy hair cool and healthy.
Intense deep blue purple Pigment
This is a very intense violet purple. More saturated and powerful than others you may have tried. See the photos in the â€œPigmentâ€ section below.
Who an intense blue-violet toner can help
ProBerry No More Yellow Gojiberry Shampoo removes unwanted yellow tones from:
- Dingy white or gray hair that needs brighteningÂ
- Natural or dyed Platinums and Blondes
- Brunettes or Brondes with blonde highlights that have gone brassy
The pigment looks almost black in its’ concentrated form when pumped out of the bottle. Check out the hue of this shampoo as seen here with some fingerpainting with ProBerry on a white plate.
This shampoo comes with a sturdy pair of gloves. The toner pigment can stain skin, nails, and cuticles, so use the gloves to disperse and massage in the shampoo.
Shake well before use to distribute the pigment.
I am a dark brunette with red undertones dyed to a 7 base with 8 and 9 level blonde highlights. Â Proberry No More Yellow tones my highlights nicely without disrupting my base. While intended for blondes and platinums, the deep blue-purple is effective on brondes as well.
I am impressed with the moisturizing benefits of this shampoo and find it especially useful after coloring or when yellow tones creep in, once or twice a month.
If you are enduring a color correction, this hydrating purple toning shampoo is a must-have.
Tips & Observations:
- It is very concentrated. Â Platinum, white and lighter shades can pick up a purple tinge if left in too long. LeaveÂ it in for only a few minutes and build up. Since it is good for your hair, you can always repeat.
- It is not especially lathery. Donâ€™t let the lack of suds trick you into using too much.
- Use the gloves even if you typically skip gloves with other toning shampoos.
- Dry Toning: Many have success combing purple shampoo onto dry hair and leaving it on for 15-20 minutes. This gives better control, greater pigment, and more even distribution on brassy sections and highlights. We recommend caution on this dry hair approach when using ProBerry No More Yellow. First, it isn’t really necessary from the standpoint of an adequate pigment deposit. If you want to comb through and control placement, donâ€™t leave ProBerry No More Yellow in as long as the less pigmented formulas.Â At least the first time, only for a minute or two at the most. It is a more hydrating treatment when hair is wet.
We are so impressed by this gentle paraben-free formulation to rehabilitate dry, colored or highlighted hair while fighting brassiness with an especially deep blue-purple tone.
where to Find It
Find ProBerry No More Yellow GojiBerry Shampoo atÂ Amazon
Have any comments or questions about ProBerry No More Yellow GojiBerry Shampoo? The Style Chicks are here to answer them.
Leave a comment or email us atÂ email@example.com
- Andrei Mocan, et al. Â â€œUHPLC-QTOF-MS analysis of bioactive constituents from two Romanian Goji (Lycium barbarum L.) berries cultivars and their antioxidant, enzyme inhibitory, and real-time cytotoxicological evaluation,â€Â Food and Chemical Toxicology,Â Volume 115,Â 2018,
Pages 414-424,Â ISSN 0278-6915,Â https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2018.01.054.
- Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology, July 2001, pages 392â€“399
- Bernice Cheung, Macy Kwan, Ruth Chan, Mandy Sea, Jean Woo,Â Chapter 47 – Potential of Asian Natural Products for Health in Aging,Â Molecular Basis of Nutrition and Aging,Â Academic Press, 2016,Â Pages 659-676
- Alessandra Cristina Pedro, MarÃa-Cortes SÃ¡nchez-Mata, MarÃa Luisa PÃ©rez-RodrÃguez, MontaÃ±a CÃ¡mara, JosÃ© Luis LÃ³pez-ColÃ³n, Fabiane Bach, Marcelo Bellettini, Charles Windson Isidoro Haminiuk, Â Qualitative and nutritional comparison of goji berry fruits produced in organic and conventional systems, Â Scientia Horticulturae, Â Volume 257,Â 2019,Â 108660,Â ISSN 0304-4238, Â https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scienta.2019.108660.
ABOUT THIS POST
Like you, the Style Chicks team needs time to evaluate and form an opinion about the products we try. We received compensation for our time and effort to form an opinion of ProBerry No More Yellow GojiBerry Shampoo and itsâ€™ benefits. We produced this blog post because we think this product is great and want to share it with you!