Looking for the perfect summer cocktail? Think Moscow Mule. There are many delicious variations on this tart, crisp, refreshing classic. Want our secret to the perfect Moscow Mule? Use plenty of ice, Premium Ginger Beer and a high-quality, 100% pure copper mug like Kamojo Moscow Mule Pure Copper Mug Set.
What do you need for the best Moscow Mule?
- Plenty of ice
- Use Ginger Beer, not Ginger Ale. Ginger Beer’s robust, tangy kick gives this drink its’ distinctive taste. Ginger Beer isn’t alcohol; it’s a ginger brew soft drink made from a starter culture of ginger beer plant.
- Don’t let the ice melt so much that it dilutes the drink. Diluted Ginger Beer is, well, meh.
But how do you stop ice from melting on a hot day and watering down the tangy zip of your mule? Use Kamojo Moscow Mule Copper Mugs.
WHY USE KAMOJO COPPER MUGS FOR MOSCOW MULES?
A classic drink looks its’ best in their signature style glassware. It’s part of the drinks’ personality. A martini may technically taste the same in a martini glass or a plastic sippy cup, but it doesn’t have that cool James-Bond-drinking-a-martini *feel* without the quintessential V-shaped glass with the long stem, does it?
With Moscow Mule mugs, it’s more than just the drinks’ signature look: the copper interacts with the ingredients to enhance the drink itself. And when it comes to Moscow Mules, the more copper content in the mug, the better.
Komojo Copper Mugs are 100% pure copper, not plated nickel. Pure copper makes for the best Moscow Mule drink because:
- ICE COLD DRINKS: Copper (or in the case of Komojo Mule Mugs, PURE copper) conducts cold and keeps a drink cold. Drinks with even a few ice cubes, when in a copper mule quickly become straight-from-the-freezer-cold. And they stay cold, even in hot weather, and even when warm hands are holding the drink, the copper keeps the beverage frosty and the ice regulated down to the last sip. There are no melted-ice-watered-down drinks in a 100% copper mug like the Komojo. A big part of what makes any Mule-category of drink so refreshing is the coldness of the drink.
- COPPER RETAINS CARBONATED BUBBLES: Copper keeps the bubbles or fizzy liquids carbonated longer, so the ginger beer, seltzer, or ginger ales don’t go flat even when the drink stands for hours, enjoyed at a leisurely pace. A pure copper tends to increase the bubbles within the drink.
- FLAVOR-ENHANCING: Copper enhances the tangy notes of citrus in your mules including the lime by controlling chemical ionization rate of the acids in those fruits. That results in a tangy but softer acidity that is optimal to compliment but not drown out the spicy ginger notes. Copper also enhances the flavor of the mint and ginger. It’s also said that when Vodka touches the walls of the cold copper mug, the copper oxidizes a bit, heightening the flavor of the vodka.
- CAPACITY: Another reason the KaMojo Moscow Mule mug is optimal for Moscow Mules is it holds a larger quantity of liquid. The drink is about 7-9 total ounces liquid, plus lots of ice, and generally, fruit inclusions. KaMojo Mule Mugs have a 16-ounce capacity, leaving plenty of room for ice and garnishes.
WHY CHOOSE KAMOJO
Since copper is so critical to the success of a good Moscow Mule drink, quality copper is essential in a mug. Kamajo Mule mugs are pure copper, keeping your drink perfectly chilled, so the Ginger Beer tastes its’ best.
- NO TARNISH: The copper is treated with protective lacquer, so it stays shiny with no polishing, it is easy to clean, there is no black spots, no tarnish.
- HAMMERED: The hammered design suits the “look” of modern, urban, and traditional decors. Hammered copper also manages to keep drinks even colder than non-hammered copper.
- SHOT GLASS & COASTERS: The set comes with a matching copper shot glass and two hammered copper coasters.
MOSCOW MULE RECIPES
The kit also comes with numerous mule recipes to try with your Moscow Mule Mugs. Plenty of ideas to put your mugs to use this summer.
THE STYLECHICKS MOSCOW MULE RECIPE
The traditional Moscow Mule is simple: squeeze lime juice into the mug, add ice, pour in the vodka then the Ginger Beer, garnish with lime. Done.
But since the Komojo Mugs are hammered and pure copper and therefore enhance certain flavors so well, we gave them a proper test run and added some extra flavors to our recipe.
We found the combination of Blackberries, ginger, lime and mint to be great go-togethers with the flavor enhancing properties of our Komojo Moscow Mules. If berries aren’t in season yet, a simple syrup can add some sweetness. If you prefer tart to sweet, some fresh ginger slices also work.
Depending on your preferred flavor, muddle some extra fresh ginger (tarter) or berries (sweeter) in the bottom of the KoMojo mug.
STYLECHICKS SUMMER MOSCOW MULE
- Vodka, 1.5 to 2 oz
- Chilled Ginger Beer, 4-6 oz.
- Limes (for sliced garnish and 1/2 oz lime juice)
- Ice: cubes or soft slushie style, plenty
- Handful of blackberries or 5 slices of fresh ginger
- Fresh mint
- candied ginger slices
- simple syrup
- Chill the Komojo copper shot glass for a few minutes. Then pour the vodka into the Komojo copper shot glass and set it aside during ingredient prep. This starts the “when copper meets vodka” oxidation enhancing process.
- Add mint leaves and a thin lime wedge directly to the mug.
- Add a few blackberries or 2 thin slices of fresh ginger and muddle this trio (lightly press and twist) to release the juicy flavor and lime oil.
- Squeeze 1/2 ounce of lime juice.
- Pour the lime juice over the muddled mix.
- Fill the mug about 50% full of ice.
- Add mint and the rest of the ginger slices or berries
- Fill mug about 75% with loosely packed ice cubes.
- Add the copper shot glass of vodka.
- Fill with Ginger Beer to the top, about 4-6 ounces.
- Stir lightly, add more ice if needed.
- Add garnishes to taste: lime slice, mint, candied ginger. We used a skewer of lime, mint, fresh ginger, candied ginger and berries to serve as a stirrer.
How did the Kamojo Mugs perform? Even drinking at a relaxed, leisurely pace over the course of the evening, our Moscow Mules stayed cold, flavorful and tangy down to the last drop!
MORE MOSCOW MULE RECIPE IDEAS
- KENTUCKY MULE: Instead of Vodka, use Bourbon. For a twist on this classic, grate in some fresh ginger. Pair Bourbon with peaches and basil, they taste great with the lime and ginger.
- Muddle basil or cilantro with mint at the base of the copper mug to have a less sweet, less tart, but still notable spice dimension
- TOO SWEET? Add ginger lemon bitters
- TOO SHARP? Add Elderflower or Simple Syrup to soften the tanginess of the ginger.
The secret to a perfect Mule drink, this Komojo Moscow Mule Mugs Set is made of 100% pure copper, keeping the drink icy-cold to the last drop. The pure copper enhances the fizzy carbonation and brings out the flavors of citrus, mint, lime, blackberries or even pineapple or peach for a perfect summer drink. The hammered copper is attractive and keeps drinks even colder. Easy to care for and clean, the mugs can also keep margarita, tequila, mint julep, infused water, iced coffee and tea deliciously cold. The inclusion of the copper shot glass and coasters to match the attractive hammered copper set makes an ideal gift for a friend who loves unique gifts for entertaining or for yourself!
StyleChicks readers get a limited time 20% off discount code here on Komojo Pure Copper Moscow Mule Mug Sets
and find the Komojo Moscow Mule Mugs Set at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X8YPS1H
Style Chicks received The Komojo Moscow Mule Mugs Set in exchange for our unbiased review and received compensation for our time and effort. However, our experience with the product and the opinions expressed in this review are 100% ours.