Definition Guide for skin and hair care terms. Glossary of hair and skin ingredients with meaningful results. Updated regularly.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
- Intense Pulsed Light, commonly referred to as IPL, is a treatment from a device or machine that emits wavelengths of light. It can remove hair, acne, discoloration, wrinkles, and spider veins. Generally not considered as effective as laser treatments, but IPL devices are available for at-home use.
- Indian Gooseberry
- Indian Gooseberry is another name for Amla fruit. It is useful for skin and hair. It is high in Vitamin C to increase collagen and fades scars. Amla is nutrient-rich and restorative. Indian Gooseberry is a non-greasy oil to help grow long, silky and shiny hair. Indian Gooseberry makes hair soft, silky, and pliable. It nourishes both hair and scalp, promotes hair growth and to prevent grey hair and stops hair fall.
- Iron is necessary for the growth and repair of cells that stimulate hair growth. A lack of iron can lead to hair loss, dullness and breakage. Many women are iron deficient.
- Iodine deficiency prevents hair follicles from regenerating. Iodine also fights infections that can occur around hair follicles, damaging hair growth. Finally, Iodine helps regulate the thyroid. When the thyroid lacks iodine, hair becomes dry and rough, prematurely gray, losses volume and can even fall out, leading to bald spots.
- Isoflavone a class of chemical compounds found in plants. They may have similar effects to estrogen and potent antioxidant properties.