I wasn’t planning on buying a new brow product. My brows are not thin or sparse but I do overpluck occasionally on the tail and arch. And I have these peach fuzz hairs on the top of the brow that look better with a little color to make my brows appear “lifted”. But, I don’t like powdery brows and worry about “Joan Crawford brow” when I use a pencil and I don’t like how “flat” and matte the color of my brows are when I use brow mousse. I browse Sephora.com before visiting the brick and mortar to know what to test in person. But this brand was new to me, and even new to the Sephora ladies. It caught my eye with the crazy candy store like packaging next to a sign that said:
“Chosungah 22 Dong Gong Minn Brow Maker, $22 Popular Korean Beauty Brand Developed by makeup artist Chosungah. Unique, two-in-one angled applicator shapes brows long-wearing, smudge-proof gel formula.”
- It is gel based, so it is high pigment, no goopy cream. Brows look very natural, and only a little is needed because it is pigmented enough to be almost opaque. The texture reminds me a bit of my beloved, yet-to-be-duped, original formula Shu Uemura Basic Black mascara – a gel with pigment that didn’t quit or clump.
- The applicator has a mascara spool wand with an angled sponge applicator tip for drawing in the eyebrow tail (if needed) this tip doubles nicely for eyeliner application. There is a flat side to fill in very sparse areas
- While not the purpose of the product, this doubles as a great stay-on-all-day-where-I-put-it cover up for roots in-between coloring appointments.
- Waterproof. Doesn’t wipe off or smudge during the day, and survived intact after my major mid-day dampened Beauty Blender foundation cleanup & re-do in the surrounding eye area.
- No flaking. None. All day.
I can’t really say it styles the brows to keep them in place during the day like a brow gel set product such as LASHFOOD BROWFOOD Tinted Brow Enhancing Gelfix, because it is not at all sticky. Brow Maker deposits color on the tiniest of hairs. Did not need to re-apply during the day and it stayed “fresh” for more than 12 hours. Clean up during application: For the first few uses, I had a few q-tips ready to clean up any product that accidentally got on my skin and used an eyelash comb to get out a tiny spot with two much product. It doesn’t clump. You don’t need much product to get the job done. Comes in four colors: Light Blonde, Grey Blonde, Medium Blonde, Black Brown. I am wearing black brown in the photos below, but I probably could have gone with medium blonde as well. Usage Tips: Brush the applicator lightly against the eyebrow grain to color the hair. Style and shape the by lightly stroking the hair from the head of the brow towards the tail. To emphasize the brow-tail, use the sponge tip at the end of the brush to draw and lengthen.
I really like it! Now part of my go-to makeup, my brows looked natural and full, without detectible product, even with multiple coats. The innovative Brow Maker brush gets every little peachy fuzz hairs. Recommended for those who have brows that could use some “OOMPH”, not necessarily if most of your brow needs to be drawn on.
Other products mentioned in this review:
- LASHFOOD BROWFOOD Tinted Brow Enhancing Gelfix
- The original Shu Uemura Basic Black mascara is discontinued. Shu Uemura Petal is a popular option