There are many luxe hair conditioners that make hair soft, shiny and strong but are naturally or artificially fragrant. Unfortunately, there are few unscented conditioners that are also effective, especially for colored hair. If you need fragrance-free hair care, options are limited. We love Allurials Fragrance Free Conditioner, an unscented conditioner containing the quality of natural ingredients found in high-end conditioners including Jojoba, Coconut Oil, Avocado, Argan Oil, Aloe Vera and other natural hair nourishing goodness.
WHY THE NEED FOR UNSCENTED HAIR CARE
The scent of your conditioner lingers on hair, even subtly, after use. This is wonderful if you like the scent, but for those with allergies, or a preference for only using their own perfumed scent, or for whatever reason you or a partner needs your hair to remain fragrance-free, hair care options become limited. Many of the luxe hair conditioners that are highly effective have moderate to heavy scent due to added fragrance or they contain ingredients that have a strong natural aroma. And, some men just want quality hair conditioners without a perfumed scent.
It becomes difficult to find quality unscented hair care. While there are some no or low scent hair care products lines amongst drug store brands, many find the only real feature of these products is that they are unscented, they generally are not very hydrating. And a lower price point, they rarely have a meaningful quantity of quality moisturizing ingredients. Even at a higher price point, including amongst brands that are known to be allergy friendly, there are limited options within their fragrance-free haircare.
ALLURIALS FRAGRANCE-FREE HAIR CONDITIONER
Allurials is indeed unscented. Not just devoid of added fragrance, but my fussy nose finds no detectable scent. Suitable for men and women, it is hydrating to hair and scalp with some amazing ingredients
Several Superfoods can be seen in the list of organic and natural ingredients in Allurials Fragrance-Free Hair Conditioner, providing benefit to both scalp and the hair.
- Silk Peptides and Pea Peptides aid the structure of the hair. Pea Peptides minimize UV damage to the scalp. Pea Peptides contain Lysine, important for hair growth promotion at the follicular level and sebum production regulation, which decreases with age. Pea Peptides absorb easily.
- Argan oil when massaged into the scalp aids in stimulating the hair follicles for stimulated hair growth.
- Jojoba oil is an emollient, made of 98% monounsaturated fats so it can penetrate the hair follicle. It fills in the cracks and damage to bare spots on the hair shaft, especially on chemically-treated or color-treated hair. Jojoba has a very similar structure to sebum, replacing the natural oils the scalp needs to stay healthy. Jojoba gives elasticity and softness to hair. Jojoba is also a carrier oil, increasing the efficacy of other active ingredients.
- Avocado oil decreases dryness and improves texture
- Coconut oil is extremely popular in hair care, and for good reason. It helps hair retain protein and moisture. Protein loss is what makes hair look damaged. Coconut Oil within a conditioner is easier to wash out than straight Coconut Oil application.
- Flaxseed Oil is high in Omega-3s, Flaxseed is a superfood for hair. It helps reduce hair loss.
- Kernel Oil is a deep hair conditioner that is also beneficial for the scalp and is packed with nourishing vitamins for hair.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice feeds hair with essential nutrients, it also makes hair smooth, soft and shiny. Aloe Vera has a type of enzyme that repairs dead skin cells on the scalp. A healthy scalp means optimal hair growth.
- Linseed Oil is helpful for hair damaged by environmental factors and styling tools. High in Omega 3s, Linseed helps hair when massaged into the roots of the hair.
This is a very thick, creamy conditioner, almost a concentrated consistency like a thick moisturizer but not as thick as a buttercream.
I was excited to see many of the ingredients contained within this conditioner, as they have been successful on my hair when used in DIY hair mask tutorials, such as Coconut Oil. But when used directly on the hair, many of these ingredients are often difficult to rinse out because they are so emollient and oily. However, within this conditioner, I found them to rinse cleanly.
APPLICATION AND USE
It required less Allurials conditioner to coat my hair than I tend to use with some other brands. And it soaked in quickly.
TIP: Rub it between wet palms to fully emulsify it, like you would for a good, thick facial moisturizer like Creme de la Mer.
Then I coated my hair and even my scalp and massaged it into my hair so it could absorb. It made for a good scalp massage. It did not feel as slippery or gooey as conditioners typically feel while in the hair, it felt more like a hair styling cream. It also seemed to sink into my hair instead of staying on the surface.
There really is no scent. Even lots of hypoallergenic brands have a scent, albeit light and non-irritating. I smelled nothing.
Since it was not a slippery coating sitting on the surface of my hair, it was difficult to assess when I considered the conditioner washed out of my hair when rinsing. Because of this, I took a bit longer to rinse out than some conditioners, but it was still much less time to rinse out than when I use any of these natural items directly on my hair, such as washing out Coconut Oil or an Avacado hair mask. It did wash out completely and cleanly however without leaving a residue.
My hair felt strong and hydrated, even my dry ends felt smoother. My scalp felt good and my hair looked shiny and was soft after use.
Because it is not scented, I can even use Allurials Fragrance-Free Conditioner in my hair overnight and wash it out in the morning without getting signs of fragrance irritation such as puffy eyes or a sniffly nose. It does not stain my pillowcase. This makes it also useful as a pre-poo hair treatment and it is creamy enough to stay put as a deep conditioning hair mask if it is combed into hair while exercising or watching a movie.
Suitable for both men and women who want a luxe moisturizing conditioner with no fragrance or scent, Allurials Fragrance-Free Conditioner provides superfood benefits to the hair and scalp for healthier hair.
Find Allurials Fragrance-Free Hair Conditioner at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L0Y7XJA
How would you like the chance to get your hands on some luxury beauty products? Well, now’s your chance! Allurials is giving away their luxury beauty products up to 70% Off in their new exciting contest! Sign up here: https://allurials.com/vip-club/
Style Chicks received Allurials Fragrance-Free Hair Conditioner in exchange for our unbiased review and received compensation for our time and effort. However, our experience with the product and the opinions expressed in this review are 100% ours.