Many consider Philip Kingsley Elasticizer a holy grail hair rescue product. We are amongst them. But for some, Elasticizer is just meh. Lyn and Lee loved it immediately. ButÂ Courtney took a few treatments to see any results. The variance may depend on a few factors, such as how Elastin-starved the hair is.
Proper application for best product absorption is key to benefit from Elasticizer.Â Not sure how to use Philip Kingsley Elasticizer? Read our top ten tips below.
Ten TIPS FOR HOW TO USE ELASTICIZER
- Apply Elasticizer to damp hair prior to shampooing. Smooth Elasticizer into the length of the hair to help it absorb. Absorption is the key.Â It wonâ€™t accomplish nearly as much just sitting on the hair surface. How to do it: I apply it to a small section of hair. Then place the hair section between two fingers and gently squeegee the product down the hair length to assist absorption.
- There is no harm in applying Elasticizer closer to the scalp, but it is a bit of a waste. It is most beneficial applied to lengths down to the ends. I focus extra on areas I heat style with my curling wand – bangs, money pieces, and ends. Some suggest applying from the ear down to the ends.
- I like to use a processing cap or hair towel to let it stay moist.Â As long as it stays damp, it continues to work.
- It takes about five minutes to absorb into the hair. Leave Elasticizer in for a minimum of ten minutes, or even overnight in a covered cap or towel. In the Kingsley Clinics in New York and London, they leave Elasticizer in for 30 minutes.
- Heat intensifies the penetration. Wear Elasticizer while exercising, at the beach or sunbathing, or while taking a steam.
- It rinses out clean. For optimal results, shampoo and condition afterward.
- The packaging says Elasticizer can remove hair color or impede coloring. Don’t use Elasticizer for 3 days before and after coloring. I ignored these directions and found out it is true. Olive Oil can remove fresh color.
- For sections that don’t absorb after 30 minutes, I re-wet the hair and repeat the tip #1 squeegee process.
- Elasticizer is an excellent creamy base for your favorite hair oil. Sometimes I add a few drops of Jojoba or Avocado.
- Use the proper Elasticizer formulation for your hair type. PK Elasticizer Extreme is for coarse, naturally coiled, or very damaged hair. Fine and Medium texture hair should use Elasticizer Intensive.
We find the benefits are cumulative. Courtney initially didnâ€™t see much difference, but after second use, she was wowed by the results. Lynâ€™s coarse hair benefits from Elasticizer Intense, but especially from Elasticizer Extreme.
TIP: gently squeegee Elasticizer into the hair to aid absorption.
WHERE TO BUY IT
Find Philip Kingsley Elasticizer at PhilipKingsley.com, BlueMercury and Violet Grey
Have any questions about Philip Kingsley Elasticizer?
The Style Chicks are here to answer them.
Leave a comment or email us atÂ [email protected]