I thought by the time I had wrinkles that acne would be over. Nope. And adult acne is tricky. Cystic acne, Rudolph red nose, pimples, and full-blown zits. Acne Slayer fights all the above. We got a chance to try this plant-based blemish fighter. It works because it has natural, proven ingredients that are delivered by a unique method of conveyance.Â Read about the research-backed natural ingredients and our experience with Acne Slayer.
WHY IT WORKS
Acne Slayer works because it uses proven plant extracts to enhance the skin’s natural ability to heal.
DermaVineâ„¢ is Acne Slayerâ€™s secret weapon. It is a proprietary blend of ingredients like willow bark, lemon peel oil, and cinnamon extract.
|Cinnamon bark enhances the permeation and delivery of topical treating ingredients.Â |
The DermaVine formula is suspended within an alcohol solution. Alcohol destroys fungal, viral, and bacterial cells that cause acne. This also enables the best possible absorption – better than creams, salves, or serums.
As a liquid, it won’t leave a residue. It is undetectable on a bare face or under moisturizer, sunscreen, or makeup.
|Lemon Peel Oil eliminates Cutibacterium acnes, anÂ acne-causing bacteria, better than the antibiotic erythromycin.Â |
Typically, alcohol dries adult skin. But the DermaVine formulation rehydrates and promotes new, healthy skin cells. The result is a natural, effective, plant-based acne remedy.
Let’s take a look at the acne-fighting properties of a few of the ingredients in theÂ DermaVineâ„¢ formula:
The texture is a bit thicker than water consistency. I am impressed that it is not greasy or sticky.
It smells of alcohol but doesnâ€™t sting. Â The smell of alcohol evaporates quickly. It is fresh smelling, but I don’t detect a specific note. Maybe a bit citrus with slight spice but not exactly cinnamon. I smell nothing once it is dry.
It dries down completely clean. I can wear makeup or sunscreen on top without any grainy, chalky, or greasy residue.
How does it work?
Just on cue, a cystic acne pimple emerged on my chin. Red, swollen and painful.
So I applied Acne Slayer as directed.Â I wipe it on my face with a cotton wipe, like a toner. It dries immediately without a residue, and I apply my sunscreen or moisturizer directly on top. I apply daily.
Normally cystic acne painfully sits on my face, slowly forming into pimple form for over a week or so. Â Acne Slayer reduced the size, removed the painful swelling, and the redness. It also accelerated the process. Acne Slayer stopped the painful inflammation and redness of cystic acne, quickly reducing an angry blemish to a non-inflamed white head that resolved on its’ in a few days.
Where to Buy It
Find Acne Slayer atÂ https://www.slayerskincare.com/acne-slayer
Have any questions about Acne Slayer?
The Style Chicks are here to answer them.
Leave a comment or email us atÂ email@example.com
- Jiang, Qiudong et al. â€œDevelopment of essential oils as skin permeation enhancers: penetration enhancement effect and mechanism of action.â€ Pharmaceutical biologyvol. 55,1 (2017): 1592-1600. doi:10.1080/13880209.2017.1312464
- Hou, He-Shuai et al. â€œExtraction of essential oil from Citrus reticulate Blanco peel and its antibacterial activity against Cutibacterium acnes (formerly Propionibacterium acnes).â€ Heliyon vol. 5,12 e02947. 2 Dec. 2019, doi:10.1016/j.heliyon.2019.e02947
- Shara M, Stohs SJ. Efficacy and Safety of White Willow Bark (Salix alba) Extracts. Phytother Res. 2015 Aug;29(8):1112-6. doi: 10.1002/ptr.5377. Epub 2015 May 22. PMID: 25997859.
- Man, Adrian et al. â€œAntimicrobial Activity of Six Essential Oils Against a Group of Human Pathogens: A Comparative Study.â€ Pathogens (Basel, Switzerland) vol. 8,1 15. 28 Jan. 2019, doi:10.3390/pathogens8010015
- Anil Kumar Maurya, et al, “The essential oil from Citrus limetta Risso peels alleviates skin inflammation: In-vitro and in-vivo study”, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, Volume 212, 2018, Pages 86-94
- Hou, Extraction,Â Heliyon
- Veerasophon, Jinmica et al. â€œFormulation of anti-acne concealer containing cinnamon oil with antimicrobial activity against Propionibacterium acnes.â€ Journal of advanced pharmaceutical technology & research vol. 11,2 (2020): 53-58. doi:10.4103/japtr.JAPTR_1_20
- Julianti, Elin et al. â€œAntibacterial Activity of Ethanolic Extract of Cinnamon Bark, Honey, and Their Combination Effects against Acne-Causing Bacteria.â€ Scientia pharmaceutica vol. 85,2 19. 11 Apr. 2017
- Jiang,Â Development,Â Pharmaceutical
- Ferro, Thiago A F et al. â€œTopical Application of Cinnamaldehyde Promotes Faster Healing of Skin Wounds Infected with Pseudomonas aeruginosa.â€ Molecules (Basel, Switzerland)vol. 24,8 1627. 25 Apr. 2019, doi:10.3390/molecules24081627
About This Post
The Style Chicks team personally tests and thoroughly evaluates each product before it is featured.
Style Chicks independently researches product ingredients to understand how every featured product works. We show our research in theÂ References sectionÂ of each article.
Our opinions are 100% our own.