Aloe Vera is well known in folk remedy. Research shows it has a powerful biochemistry supporting many skincare and hair care uses, including collagen synthesis. But not all Aloe Vera products are free of unwanted additives. We like Eden Dews Aloe Vera Gel. It is a pure Aloe Vera leaf juice free of added coloring or fragrance. It is completely unscented.
Read about the benefits of Aloe Vera and our experience with Eden Dews Aloe Vera Gel.
About Aloe Vera
You may use Aloe Vera gel for minor burns, bug bites, sunburn and scrapes. Aloe Vera plants were a staple in many Grandma’s kitchens as a go-to fix for multiple skin problems.
Aloe Vera is also a versatile natural ingredient with both hair and skin benefits. It can be applied alone, or added to a DIY skin or hair treatment.
Why Eden Dews Aloe Vera Gel is Special
NO UNNECESSARY ADDITIVES
We like Eden Dews Aloe Vera Gel 100% Pure & Natural Gel because it is a pure Aloe Vera leaf juice that is free of added coloring or fragrance.
A lack of excess additives, coloring, fragrance or fillers greatly reduces the chance of skin irritation or reactions.
Eden Dews Aloe Vera Gel has ZERO scent. It smells like nothing.
For those of us who desire unscented products, it is difficult to find a pure Aloe Vera product without scent. Eden Dews Aloe Vera Gel has no added fragrance. We detect none of the natural allium/onion scent found in fresh aloe vera gel straight from the leaf.
ENRICHED WITH VITAMIN E
This Aloe Vera formulation also contains Tocopheryl Acetate, a stable form of VITAMIN E used in skincare. Vitamin E is anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant. It also softens damaged skin to make it pliable.
There is no sticky residue to the Aloe. It contains carbomer, a safe texturizer that enables product absorption. There is practically no dry-down time.
MADE IN THE USA
Eden Dews Aloe Vera Gel is made in the USA.
It comes in a 2-ounce travel size (1, 3 or 6 pack) and a 32 ounce size bottle. We tried the travel size 3-pack.
Aloe Vera Benefits
Aloe Vera can get things done! Use it as a shaving cream, treat razor burns and bumps, and as an all around moisturizer.
Aloe Vera Benefits for Skin
Aloe Vera is a base for many clean and natural skincare products, and for good reason.
Aloe Vera feeds the skin with essential nutrients and makes skin smooth, hydrated, and soft. This skin “food” heals, hydrates, and accelerates skin cell growth.
It provides nourishment to the skin as it contains:
- Vitamins A, C, B, and E, (all anti-oxidants) folic acid, and choline
- minerals like collagen III-enhancing copper
- 8 enzymes, including Bradykinase to reduce inflammation
- Amino Acids and fatty acids to hydrate the skin without oil.
Aloe Vera has an enzyme that repairs skin cells. This helps soothe and heal:
- minor burns
- sunburn and excess sun exposure
- razor burn
- dry, flaky skin
It provides anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
Aloe Vera contributes to collagen regeneration which is helpful in wound healing. 
Aloe Vera Benefits for Hair
Research on Aloe Vera applications within hair care includes benefits for the scalp and the hair lengths.
A healthy scalp means optimal hair growth.
Aloe Vera has an enzyme that repairs dead skin cells on the scalp to help hair grow strong. This helps treat or reduce scalp conditions impacting hair growth such as:
- dry scalp
- seborrheic dermatitis
The hair length and the ends lose moisture over time. Aloe Vera feeds the hair with essential nutrients and B5 and amino acids make hair smooth, hydrated, soft, and shiny!
TIP: Aloe Vera makes a great conditioner for eyebrows! Combine Aloe with a drop of Castor or Almond Oil and brush onto eyebrows with a spoolie!
The Eden Dews Experience
We like the convenient travel size bottle size and its’ easy to use dispenser top design to keep the product fresh.
- Scent: None
- Color: None, clear
- Consistency: It is a lightweight texture
- Dry-down: non-oily, absorbs well. It is not at all tacky even during dry-down.
- Residue: No chalky residue, not sticky or tacky.
The feel on my skin is moist and hydrated skin, not the feel of product, very natural. Notably, unlike some aloe formulations, it does not sting or burn on my sensitive skin.
I love an unscented aloe vera formulation because it absorbs better than fresh aloe and smells better than aloe vera gel fresh from the leaf!
Where to Shop It
Find Eden Dews Aloe Vera Gel on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BQSRDL8R
Have any questions or comments about Eden Dews Aloe Vera?
Email us or comment below and we will do our best to answer them!
- Davis, Robert H. Aloe vera: A scientific approach. Vantage Press, 1997.
- The Cosmetic Ingredient Review, January 2019 pages 1-42
- Atherton P. The essential Aloe vera: The actions and the evidence. 2nd ed 1997
- Byeon SW, Pelley RP, Ullrich SE, Waller TA, Bucana CD, Strickland FM. Aloe barbadensis extracts reduce the production of interleukin-10 after exposure to ultraviolet radiation. J Invest Dermatol. 1998 May;110(5):811-7. doi: 10.1046/j.1523-1747.1998.00181.x.
- Hutter JA, Salmon M, Stavinoha WB, Satsangi N, Williams RF, Streeper RT, et al. Anti-inflammatory C-glucosyl chromone from Aloe barbadensis. J Nat Prod. 1996;59:541–3.
- Chithra P, Sajithlal GB, Chandrakasan G. Influence of Aloe vera on collagen characteristics in healing dermal wounds in rats. Mol Cell Biochem. 1998 Apr;181(1-2):71-6. doi: 10.1023/a:1006813510959. PMID: 9562243.
- Vardy AD, Cohen AD, Tchetov T. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of Aloe vera (A. barbadensis) emulsion in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis. J Derm Treatment. 1999;10:7–11.
- Syed TA, Ahmad SA, Holt AH, Ahmad SH, Afzal M. Management of psoriasis with Aloe vera extract in a hydrophilic cream: A placebo-controlled, double-blind study. Trop Med Int Health. 1996;1:505–9.
ABOUT THIS POST