Skin & Hair Glossary of ingredients & terms. Defining what skin & hair ingredients are and how to best use them. Updated regularly.
- Zamea Propanediol is a humectant with the ability to penetrate the skin for a smooth hydrated finish. A corn-based natural alternative to petroleum based glycols, it reduces water loss in the skin.
- Zea Mays
- Zea Mays is organic corn starch, a largely translucent natural powder used to give a silky feel or smooth texture to a creamy skin or cosmetic product. Seen in clean cosmetics.
- Both as a supplement and a topical ingredient, Zinc strengthens the skin. It promotes collagen and elastin production. Zinc combats the damaging effects of environmental pollutants and aggressors as well as heals scars. Â Zinc deficiencies are common and can lead to hair loss.Â Zinc helps balance hormones and battles fatigue. Zinc supplements are readily available. Bloodwork will confirm deficiencies in zinc or other common vitamins needed for healthy hair and skin.
- Zinc Oxide
- Zinc Oxide mineral in sunscreen thatÂ prevents UVA and UVB light from damaging the skin. Highly effective but often zinc oxide lends a white opacity to the skin
- Zinc Pyrithione
- Zinc Pyrithione is used to treat psoriasis and eczema on the skin. It is also used in dandruff shampoos.