Skin & Hair Glossary of Ingredients & Terms. Defining what skin & hair ingredients are & how to best use them. Updated regularly.
- Rapeseed Oil
- Rapeseed Oil is an anti-oxidant that preserves skin moisture. it makes skin smooth and elastic. It also cleanses pores and gives skin a natural glow. Its’ anti-inflammatory properties heal skin and reduce redness.
- Red Algae
- Red Algae enhances the skin’s barrier function, replenishes moisture, and increases its moisture retention capabilities.
- Red Rose Wine
- Red Rose Wine thickens skin, especially useful around the eyes and mouth. Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Renovage slows down the premature aging of cells. It operates on the deeper level of skin issues. Renovage fixes deep skin layer problems that surface serums and creams can’t reach. These issues include lightening over-pigmentation, reducing redness and improving skin firmness.
- Retinol is a vitamin A derivative found in many skin care creams. It is commonly applied at night and refines the skin’s texture by causing rapid cell turnover. Softens wrinkles and reduces acne. An over-the-counter version of Retinoid.
- A prescription brand name Retinoid, generally with a stronger percentage that than available over the counter.
- Topical retinoids are the strongest topical ingredients in a dermatologist’s arsenal for slowing signs of aging. Everyone in his or her thirties or beyond should get in the habit of incorporating a topical retinoid cream in their evening routine.
- Rooibos is an anti-inflammatory for the skin. A topical ingredient and consumed as a fruity tea.
- Rose Absolute
- Rose Absolute rejuvenates and firms skin.
- Rose powder adds fragrance as well as softens hair.
- Rosa Rugosa
- Rosa Rugosa flower extract is rich in vitamin C, sucrose, citric acid, malic acid, and carotene. It promotes collagen production and reduces enlarged pores. It also makes the skin exceptionally smooth while removing excess inflammation.
- A skin condition that causes redness and puffiness on the face, including cheeks and nose. Rosacea requires gentle measures in cleansing and product use.
Rosehip Seed Oil
- Rosehip Seed Oil is high in Vitamins A, C, and E. They provide nutrients, fade acne scars and promote cell turnover. Rose Hip Seed Oil is a Vitamin C variant that is both a treatment and a hydrating ingredient. It offers the benefits of Vitamin C and Retinol serums such as lightening dark spots, but without causing irritation. Rosehip oil also has omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids to soothe and moisturize eczema or dry skin. There is generally a strong scent.
- Rosemary Oil
- Rosemary Oil combats dry skin including dandruff. It naturally protects skin from sun damage and free radicals. It also has natural antiseptic properties. Combine with Jojoba oil for an effective scalp massage.