Skin & Hair Glossary of ingredients & terms. Defining what skin & hair ingredients are and how to best use them. Updated regularly.
- Ubiquinone is CoQ10, a necessary oral supplement for collagen production. After age 30, the necessary natural levels of Ubiquinone decrease in our bodies, making collagen production levels decrease. Ubiquinone has many health and beauty benefits. See CoQ10.
- Ultraviolet A (UVA) Rays
- Ultraviolet A (UVA) Rays. UVA is considered the sun rays that cause aging. These sun rays penetrate deeper into the skin and cause photosensitivity reactions.
- Ultraviolet B (UVB) Rays
- Ultraviolet B (UVB) Rays. UVB is considered the sunburn rays. These rays are associated with skin damage and skin cancer due to sun exposure.
- Ursolic Acid
- Ursolic Acid is a natural chemical found in fruit peels, Rosemary and thyme. It increases the production of collagen and ceramides while reducing photo-damage.
- UV filters
- UV filters are products and ingredients that protect the skin by filtering UV rays emitted from sunlight and some UV ray producing artificial light.