Packing hair styling tools for vacation? This dual-voltage, AleoBeauty Twist Straightening Iron is a curling and hair straightening wand in one. The secret is that one tourmaline ceramic thermal plate is curved, the other is flat. Style waves, curls or straight, sleek styles with one versatile tool. No matter what your hair type is, it creates a pretty “undone” curly style in absolute record time.
The AleoBeauty Twist Straightening Iron both makes fast work out of hair straightening and creates a pretty undone curl. This undone curl is more structured, softer and silkier than a beach wave, but not as structured as a ringlet curl or bombshell wave look. Perfect for a summer wedding, casual events or when you want your hair to look nice but not appear overly styled.
FAST FEATURE OVERVIEW
- Tourmaline ceramic thermal plates
- Dual voltage
- 360° Rotatable Power Cord Tail and 2.5m (over eight foot) swivel cord
- Four temperature levels (140°C-220°C) for differing hair types and needs.
- Easy to read Control Panel
ABOUT THE ALEOBEAUTY TWIST STRAIGHTENING IRON
AESTHETIC: The plates are shiny and golden, the body is a shimmering rose gold.
DESIGN: The first thing you’ll notice about the iron, apart from its’ pretty appearance, is that it rests differently than a normal curling or straightening wand, with the plates aligning at an angle so that they slide together instead of clamping down on the hair.
SWIVEL CORD: One thing I particularly like about this design is that creating soft curls even in the back is fast and easy with AleoBeauty Twist Straightening Iron’s 360° Rotatable Power Cord Tail that’s attached to an over 8-foot swivel cord. This is very useful because when you are rotating your hair through the wand, you never have to hold it at an odd angle and it does not catch while twisting, resulting in smoother, prettier curls.
Zippered Carrying Case: Ideal for travel or storage, this zippered case keeps the device safely in place with two velcro belts and a separate cord space
EASY TO USE CONTROL PANEL
There is an easy to use power on button and temperature settings.
FOUR TEMPERATURE SETTINGS
There are four different temperature settings. The recommended temperatures for each hair type are:
- 140°C (284 F) for damaged or thin hair
- 180°C (356F) for naturally curly hair;
- 200°C (392) for thick hair;
- 220°C (428) for super thick hair.
Ionic technology lends towards a stronger, longer-lasting curl that is shinier and sleeker.
HOW TO USE
For curls, place the curved plate facing outwards and roll the iron down and out through the hair. For straightening and styling fringe or short pieces, roll out using the flat side of the iron facing away from you.
The convex or curved plate creates a curl, the flat plate straightens. Position the flat plate facing outward away from you for hair straightening, and position the curved side outward away from you for curling. To curl, rotate the iron by slowly turning your wrist while running the iron through your hair.
To straighten, select small sections and move the iron quickly through the hair. If you cannot get your hair taut, pull the section over the top of your head to the other side for gentle tension.
MY EXPERIENCE: HOW TO USE THE AleoBeauty Twist Straightening Iron
Here is the sequence I used to style my hair:
- Blow dry clean, conditioned hair until 80% dry.
- Plug in and press the button for 3 seconds to turn on the device.
- TEMPERATURE SETTING: Incrementally press the temperature button to set the temperature. Choose the temperature best suited to your hair type.
- The temperature light will start to flicker and the device heats up quickly to the set temperature. After the light stops flickering, it is time to start styling!
- Select straight or curly style by placing the corresponding plate outward, away from you.
- Starting in the back of your head, select a small section of hair and hold it up and out to place it into the device.
- Hold the iron base in your dominant hand. Use fingers from your non-dominant hand to pinch together the device ends using the cool-touch finger rests.
- Turn your dominate hand 90 degrees outward, going away from your head.
- Slowly slide the hair straightener as you rotate away down the length of the hair.
- The curved side outwards makes curls when hair is angled up and out
- Repeat on the next section
- Loosen the curls as needed by finger tousling, do not brush.
- Add any oil or styling finishing product desired.
TIP: Remember to move the iron through the hair quickly, don’t stay in one spot too long to avoid damaging hair
TIPS FOR BEST USE
If you have difficulty replicating salon styling results at home with your own heat styling tools, try these suggestions to optimize results with the AleoBeauty Twist:
- Start in the back with long vertical sections, twisting your wrist slowly as you go down the hair length, but not twisting so tightly as to kink hair into a full ringlet style twist
- On shorter top layers, guide iron up and out
- Alternate the curl direction to keep them separate and distinct and full and so they don’t collapse into each other
- To preserve length, roll the iron down while curling
- For fringe pieces, roll out using the straightening side of the iron facing outward away from you
- Keep the iron vertical for a more open curl
- Roll out shorter pieces to blend into the hair
The curls are soft, undone curls, not “ringlets” or Veronica Lake structure style. Natural and pretty. I like how the technique of drawing the device down while curling preserves the length of hair with styling. The swivel cord does make it much easier to style the back of the hair.
With an easy to use control panel, four temperature settings and quick, easy styling options make the AleoBeauty Twist Straightening Iron ideal for fast curls or sleek styles at home or while traveling. I really like the soft curls that look pretty and add fullness without looking overly “done”. It does take some practice to make the best use of the dual straight/curl function of this device, but it styles hair very quickly.
WHERE TO BUY IT
Find the AleoBeauty Twist Straightening Iron at Aleo Beauty
Style Chicks received the AleoBeauty Twist Straightening Iron in exchange for our unbiased review and received compensation for our time and effort. However, our experience with the product and the opinions expressed in this review are 100% ours.