We love a good hair oiling treatment. There is such a variety of oils that can moisturize, strengthen, and soften hair. Some oils even help promote hair growth. We love mixing DIY hair oil concoctions. But some pre-mixed hair oils are hard to beat. One of these oils is Provence Beauty Damage Repair Hair Treatment Oil. It is a combination of numerous oils that moisturize while strengthening damaged and brittle hair. It also makes a great scalp massage oil for hair growth as it contains three oils proven to enhance regrowth by promoting better blood flow to the follicles and removing DHT.
About Provence Beauty Damage Repair Hair Treatment Oil
Provence Beauty Damage Repair Hair Treatment Oil intended to strengthen the length while promoting scalp health & hair growth. Some of the oils includeÂ Sunflower, Jojoba, Grapeseed, Ylang-Ylang, Black Cumin Oil and Rosemary Oil. This combination moisturizes while it strengthens.
Many of these oils individually can be pricey. This four-ounce bottle is a great deal.
Black Cumin is the most detectable to me. The rosemary is just enough but not so much as to be pungent. The overall scent is predominantly a warm oregano smell. It is only really noticeable if using the oil for a scalp oil massage or full oiling treatment. A few drops rubbed between your hands and smoothed over the ends is not that detectable. I would not wear it to the office, however, as it is effectively scented.
The consistency is of a thinner oil, but not too runny. it is lightweight if you want to use it to smooth the ends. I am impressed that the oil has such heavy oil ingredients but has such a light feel, more like apricot oil. It washes out of hair easily without a residue, which is impressive.
THE INDIVIDUAL OILS
This is a fantastic combination of both strengthening and moisturizing. The result is stronger feeling hair that is also smoother.
- Sunflower OilÂ is deeply hydrating and nourishing and an excellent carrier oil base.
- Black Cumin Oil is used for dry hair, treating eczema and psoriasis and for hair growth. Since it is anti-inflammatory Black seed oil is great when diluted with a carrier oil to soothe scalp conditions that cause flakiness, and sensitivity. It also kills fungal infections.Â Like the companions citrus and rosemary essential oils, Black Cumin Oil is an adjuvant, meaning it works well with other ingredients to provide therapeutic effects.
- Grapeseed OilÂ is excellent for scalp health and treating brittle hair. Your hair may not have always been brittle, but gray hairs are often wirey even after they are colored. Â The loss of color sometimes changes hair texture, resulting in brittle hairs. Some medications can make hair brittle. Chemical processes and hot tools also dry the hair. These issues require super hydration to combat brittle hair. Grapeseed can do this. Grapeseed Oil also can remove follicle-shrinking DHT. DHT is a hormone that accumulates on the scalp and can cause hair loss. Once it is removed, hair often grows again.Â
- JojobaÂ Oil hydrates and nourishes while cleansing the scalp of impurities. It removes excess sebum, dandruff, and flakes blocking follicles. It is also an excellent moisturizer for dry hair.
- Rosemary Oil combats dandruff
- Jojoba and Rosemary Oil together is a clinically proven combo for encouraging hair growth. It takes about six months to see results.
My hair felt especially strong and soft after one use. It was not as difficult to wash out as when I use any of these oils individually. It was light and didn’t take much oil to condition my hair. I left it on a few hours. It also made an excellent, relaxing scalp massage.
This is very helpful on crunchy ends. Before I used it, about the last 4-5 inches of my hair felt dry and rough. After one use, only the last inch feels crunchy, the rest feels amazingly strong and smooth.
It is a very versatile oil, good for a daily scalp massage, leave-in conditioner, hair treatment oil, or a few drops applied as a finishing hair smoother. I like to add this oil to a basic conditioner to make my own hair masque.
WHERE TO BUY IT
Find Provence Beauty Damage Repair Hair Treatment Oil at Amazon