Many hair loss suffers seek a natural alternative to hair regrowth prescription drugs. The Beta-sitosterol in saw palmetto shows remarkable hair growth-promoting activity.  A natural effective topical Saw Palmetto formulation is HAIRMETTO Saw Palmetto Oil. We researched this formulation and were impressed with what we found. It is a combination of natural ingredients scientifically proven to stop the contributing factors of hair loss and maximize hair growth potential in both men and women.
HAIRMETTO Saw Palmetto Oil is a natural formulation that blocks DHT and Androgens. It also stimulates hair follicles. Its namesake ingredient is Saw Palmetto.
Saw Palmetto is available as an oral supplement. HAIRMETTO Saw Palmetto Oil is applied topically directly only to the areas you need to it for best results.
For a topical formulation to stop hair loss or help hair grow, it must address the source of hair loss. This calls for understanding the relationship between hair loss and DHT.
Understanding DHT & Hair Loss
DHT (dihydrotestosterone) is a natural hormone that accumulates on the scalp.
DHT is the enemy.
DHT settles at the base of the hair follicle. It also accumulates under dandruff and dry flakes. If left unaddressed, DHT smothers the hair follicle and blocks protein absorption. DHT causes hair follicle shrinkage.  This deters new hair growth until the follicle doesn’t grow hair at all. While both men and women have DHT, testosterone elevates DHT levels in men.
How do you know your follicles are suffering from DHT build-up?
You can detect a struggling follicle by looking for shorter, thinner hairs on your head. The existing hair gets thinner and shorter until it sheds and another hair does not grow back in its’ place. When many follicles do this, hair becomes sparse in areas, exposing more scalp.
Can anything stop DHT?
A few natural ingredients are proven to remove DHT. Some also improve blood flow to kick-start hair regrowth.  Once DHT is removed and kept off the scalp, recently dormant follicles can grow hair again.
That is where HAIRMETTO Saw Palmetto Oil comes in. Let’s look at the ingredient list.
Clean & Green: CO2 Extraction
The natural ingredients in this formulation are harvested by CO2 Extraction. CO2 Extraction is a green technology which retains all the natural properties while eliminating any heavy metals and pesticides. CO2 Extraction doesn’t pollute the environment.
I part my hair and apply the oil directly to hair roots with the nozzle tip and massage my scalp well.
It is left to absorb in overnight into hair shafts and roots. It is not a heavy viscosity but not watery either. It reminds me of the consistency of apricot oil.
It is not itchy or hair-clumping like many Minoxidil preparations.
I like being able to apply it just to the roots of sparser areas without covering my hair with greasy oil. I like that the nutrients are applied directly to my weaker follicles instead of circulating in my body and impacting other hormonal responses.
I don’t always like to wash hair daily. My hair is on the dry side, but the oil absorbed into my roots by morning. Oilier hair types might use bit of dry shampoo to re-fluff. There is no residue.
It smells faintly of lavender.
According to the American Hair Loss Association, 40% of women experience hair loss. Women have fewer options and many proven hair regrowth prescription drugs have side effect profiles undesirable for women . Hairmetto Saw Palmetto Oil provides a safe and effective way to naturally stop hair loss. The ingredients are all safe and nourish the scalp and hair. The correct proportions of scientifically backed ingredients come pre-mixed and the oil is exceptionally easy to use.
WHERE TO BUY IT
Find Hairmetto Saw Palmetto Oil at Amazon
Have any comments or questions about Hairmetto Saw Palmetto Oil for Hair Growth.
The Style Chicks are here to answer them.
Leave a comment or email us at email@example.com
- Takahashi T, Kamiya T, Yokoo Y (1998): “Proanthocyanidins from grape seeds promote proliferation of mouse hair follicle cells in vitro. and convert hair cycle in vivo..” Acta Derm Venereol (Stockh) 78: 428â€“432.
- R.K. Roy, Mayank Thakur & V.K. Dixit (2007) “Effect of Citrullus colocynthis. on Hair Growth in Albino Rats”, Pharmaceutical Biology, 45:10, 739-744,
- Ellis JA, Stebbing M, Harrap SB. “Genetic analysis of male pattern baldness and the 5alpha-reductase genes”. J Invest Dermatol. 1998 Jun;110(6):849-53. PubMed PMID: 9620288.
- Young Hye Cho,1, et al, Effect of Pumpkin Seed Oil on Hair Growth in Men with Androgenetic Alopecia: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine Volume 2014, Article ID 549721, 7 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/549721
- Hay IC, Jamieson M, Ormerod AD. “Randomized trial of aromatherapy. Successful treatment for alopecia areata.” Arch Dermatol. 1998;134(11):1349-1352. doi:10.1001/archderm.134.11.1349
- Panahi Y. et al, “Rosemary oil vs minoxidil 2% for the treatment f androgenetic alopecia: a randomized comparative trial.” Skinmed. 2015 Jan-Feb;13(1):15-21.
- Murata K, Noguchi K, Kondo M, et al. Promotion of hair growth by Rosmarinus officinalis leaf extract. Phytother Res. 2013;27(2):212â€“217. doi:10.1002/ptr.4712
- Lee BH, Lee JS, Kim YC.Â “Hair Growth-Promoting Effects of Lavender Oil in C57BL/6 Mice.” ToxicolRes 2016;32:103-108.
- Young, Effect,Â Evidence
- American Hair Loss Association, https://www.americanhairloss.org/women_hair_loss/introduction.html, retrieved 1/27/20
van Zuuren EJ1, “Interventions for female pattern hair loss.” Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016 May 26;(5):CD007628. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD007628.pub4.
About This Post
Like you, we need time to evaluate and form an opinion about the products we try. We received compensation for our time and effort to form an opinion of Hairmetto Saw Palmetto OilÂ and itsâ€™ benefits. We produced this blog post because we think this product is great and want to share it with you!
All opinions and experiences are 100% our own.