Skin & Hair Glossary of ingredients & terms. Defining what skin & hair ingredients are and how to best use them. Updated regularly.
- Wakame is a seaweed used in skin products.
- Walnut Oil promotes scalp health, dandruff, highlighting blondes, adds shine. It soothes skin infections, eczema, and psoriasis. Contains Omega-3s to prevent cell damage. Potassium helps regenerate hair and skin cells.
- Water on an ingredient list refers to purified water used as a solvent to help active ingredients absorb. Concentrated ingredients intended to be used as an additive typically contain less water.
Watermelon Seed Oil
- Watermelon Seed Oil is an outstanding antioxidant and highly nutritive oil. It is high in unsaturated fatty acids, such as by linoleic and oleic acids. It has antioxidant activity and the vitamin E compounds that protect the skin from oxidative stress and photo-aging. Vitamin E gives Watermelon Seed Oil anti-inflammatory properties, which soothes irritated skin. It also contains essential proteins, vitamins, and minerals to enrich lip skin. It absorbs quickly.
- Wheat Protein
- Wheat Protein strengthens hair and adds moisture.
- White Willow
- White Willow unclogs pores, reduces redness and regulates sebum production.
- Wine Bath
- Wine Bath. Part of a spa treatment for the skin, of French origin. See Vinotherapy
- Witch Hazel is derived from witch hazel shrub bark. It is a natural plant-derived astringent that tones and cleanses. It calms irritation. It tightens pores and removes impurities.