Skin & Hair Glossary of ingredients & terms. Defining what skin & hair ingredients are and how to best use them. Updated regularly.
- Wakame is a seaweed used in skin products.
- Walnut Oil
- Walnut Oil promotes scalp health, dandruff, highlighting blondes, adds shine. It soothes skin infections, eczema, and psoriasis. Contains Omega-3s to prevent cell damage. Potassium helps regenerate hair and skin cells.
- Water on an ingredient list refers to purified water used as a solvent to help active ingredients absorb. Concentrated ingredients intended to be used as an additive typically contain less water.
- Wheat Protein
- Wheat Protein strengthens hair and adds moisture.
- White Willow
- White Willow unclogs pores, reduces redness and regulates sebum production.
- Wine Bath
- Wine Bath. Part of a spa treatment for the skin, of French origin. See Vinotherapy