The “hostess with the mostest” of the StyleChicks Favorite Skincare Ingredients series, Sea Buckthorn Oil has over 200 nutrients to work wonders on delicate eye skin, wrinkles & stretch marks.
WHAT SEA BUCKTHORN DOES
Sea Buckthorn Oil is an ingredient worthy of your skincare routine.
With over 200 nutrients to nourish the skin, it heals skin damage including scars, burns, and abrasions. It soothes eczema and treats acne.
But my favorite thing about Buckthorn Oil is it treats aging skin and sun-damaged skin as if it is an injury or wound, and Buckthorn thinks it must remedy the situation immediately. I feel ya, Sea Buckthorn. So it “calls the troops” together, making repairing cells “rescue” the aging skin by working overtime building as much collagen as possible.
That makes Sea Buckthorn a great ingredient in a vitamin C serum, as C provides the building blocks for collagen while Sea Buckthorn tells the skin to make collagen. Go team!
WHAT EXACTLY IS SEA BUCKTHORN?
A.K.A. the “wonder oil,” Seaberry or Hippophae Rhamnoides, Sea Buckthorn oil is extracted from small orange berries.
Sea Buckthorn Oil is like a who’s who of nutrients including vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D, E, K, and P; carotenoids; flavonoids; amino acids; phenols; folic acid; organic acids; 20 mineral elements, and essential fatty acids. It uniquely contains all four omegas: omega-3, omega-6, omega-7, and omega-9.
This cocktail of repairing nutrients is what makes Sea Buckthorn Oil so useful for general skincare and the repair of eczema, wounds, scars, stretch marks, and aging skin concerns including wrinkles and fine lines. It works wonders on the undereye area.
OTHER SEA BUCKTHORN FEATURES AND FACTS
- Sea Buckthorn is very gentle and ideal for the undereye area and plump wrinkles and lines upon application.
- Organic Sea Buckthorn oil can immediately reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines because it plumps up the skin.
- A bit about these 200 nutrients, they have a variety of skincare applications, These nutrients have a variety of skincare applications including soothing the redness of sun damage, nourishing skin, providing C and E, and serving as a super-anti-oxidant.
- Sea Buckthorn can make clear serums (like Vitamin C) appear opaque or cloudy.
- Sea Buckthorn also gently but effectively treats acne and fades acne scars, including stubborn adult acne.
WHERE TO FIND PRODUCTS CONTAINING SEA BUCKTHORN
Sea Buckthorn is typically found in very expensive skincare product lines. We’ve located a few well-priced serums we like that contain Sea Buckthorn. They are:
- InstaNatural Vitamin C Serum
- Kate Sommerville Mega-C Dual Radiance Serum
- Skin2Spirit Organic Caffeine Eye Whip Cream reduces puffy eyes
- Supergoop! Forever Young Hand Cream with Sea Buckthorn SPF 40: to make hands, the often forgotten tell-tale sign of age, look younger.
- Azure Naturals Vitamin C Skin Serum: Contains Hyaluronic Acid, helping that Sea Buckthorn sink deep into the skin
- Valentia Skin Care Even Glow Serum really attacks forehead wrinkles