Sagging skin changes the structure of the face. One may no longer look or feel like themselves. Original Sleek Tightening Cream contains natural ingredients demonstrated to deter sagging for firmer skin. Read about this vegan-friendly formulation and our experience with Original Sleek Tightening Cream.
Vegan Skin Tightening Options
Vegan-friendly options for skin-tightening are limited.
Most skin-tightening products contain animal based collagen. Plant-based collagen is less effective and requires other ingredients to get good results.
Original Sleek Tightening Cream combines:
- plant-based collagen components (proline, amino acids, and peptides)
- two deep penetrating forms of hyaluronic acid
- Plantago Lanceolata Leaf extract
This combination of ingredients makes for a powerful trifecta against skin sagging.
But what is Plantago Lanceolata Leaf?
What is Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract?
Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract is also know as narrow-leaf plantain or ribwort.
Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract is a low-growing perennial weed. It is rich in Allantoin, a powerful skin soothing agent that encourages cell growth. It is a wound healing herbal agent in traditional medicine which has anti-inflammatory, anti-irritant, tissue regeneration, astringent, and antioxidant, effects.
How does it help skin sagging?
Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract helps maintain the structure of the support network of adipocytes in the face, such as the facial contours like a firm defined jawline and taut cheekbones.
It limits the natural loss of lipids within adipose tissue which occurs as we age. This loss of adipose tissue density makes skin deflate and then sag.
Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract supports lipids which maintain the facial contours for firm skin
Why Original Sleek Tightening Cream is Special
- firms the appearance of double chin
- cruelty free
- no unwanted additives such as gluten, parabens, phthalates, SLS, SLES, and petroleum.
- opaque packaging keeps ingredients fresh
- plant based, vegan friendly collagen amino acids such as proline.
- includes ingredients typically seen at higher price point products to protect against blue light and environmental stressors and retain youthful adipose fat in skin.
In addition to Plantago Lanceolata Leaf, Original Sleek Tightening Cream contains helpful supporting ingredients. Let’s take a look:
Zingiber Officinale Root Extract
Zingiber Officinale Root Extract is ginger. Ginger Root reduces inflammation and is a potent antioxidant.
Ginger root can also tighten the skin, fade dark spots and give skin a lovely glow! One study reports ginger enhances wound healing and collagen production.
Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera Juice comes from the Aloe Vera plant. Aloe Vera heals, hydrates, and accelerates skin cell growth. It provides anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Aloe Vera provides plant-based collagen components.
Rose extract soothes irritation and redness and is believed to lighten dark spots and discoloration.
Ceramides are fatty acids that help to hold cells together, protect the epidermis and smooth skin. Natural ceramides deplete with age. This formulation contains three important ceramides:
Ceramide NP is a ceramide found in the skin. It is a hydrating, anti-aging emollient to protect upper skin layers. Containing fatty acids, it reinforces the skin barrier on dehydrated skin.
Ceramide AP a fatty acid ceramide found in the skin, it works well with other ceramides to keep skin hydrated. Decreased levels of AP related to environmental stressors and correlated with skin barrier conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. It is most effective when combined with cholesterol to counteract skin barrier problems.
Ceramide EOP a ceramide that works best with other ceramides and cholesterol to protect the skin barrier and resiliency.
Cholesterol supports ceramide function.
A fat which supports the skin barrier.
Honey is a natural humectant and antioxidant. This bee product excels heals scars and promotes an even skin tone. It promotes wound healing while gently exfoliating dead skin cells.
Crosspolymer Hyaluronic Acid
A modified form of hyaluronic acid attached to a polymer structure that keeps it within the skin’s uppermost layers longer.  This creates an enhanced hydration effect.
Sodium Hyaluronate is a non-synthesized form of Hyaluronic Acid. Skin-plumping Sodium Hyaluronate has a lower molecular size than other Hyaluronic Acids. It absorbs deep into the skin.
Chondrus Crispus Extract
Chondrus Crispus Extract is a variety of Red Algae.
This seaweed is rich in beta-carotene, antioxidants zeaxanthin and lutein which protect skin from blue light (such as from smartphones).
It contains natural peptides and amino acids to keep skin hydrated by locking in moisture. Carrageenan provides defense against environmental stressors.
Glycerin fills in gaps in dryer skin which makes skin look better and keeps the outer layer of the skin intact.
Bisabolol is derived from chamomile. It reduces collagen breakdown and discoloration while soothing and hydrating skin.
Sorbitan Olivate is a combination of the fatty acids of olives and a fruit-based sugar alcohol. Highly moisturizing.
Lavandula Angustifolia Oil
Lavandula Angustifolia Oil is lavender. Lavender Oil softens and conditions skin. Lavender’s anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties keep skin healthy. It has soothing properties to calm any skin imbalances such as inflammation or dry skin flaking. The linalyl acetate in lavender enhances cell growth in the skin.
Shea Butter treats acne scars, including cystic acne dark scars. Shea can feed the skin and overhaul the skin texture, even on deep burns.
An amino acid which supports protein production.
We like the one-pump dispenser design to keep the product fresh. There is a small plug for the dispenser nozzle to keep the product as air tight as possible. One pump of cream is enough for throat, hands or face.
- Color: white, creamy
- Consistency: It is a dense texture, it starts a bit tacky and takes a bit to dry down, but then is smooth.
- Scent: There is a slight scent upon application, dissipates upon dry down.
- Experience: Makeup or lotion does not pill on top.
Most tightening creams leave an opaque film on the skin, this is transparent, so can be worn without makeup on top.
It is excellent for use on hands and throat to reduce age spots, firm and hydrate.
I particularly like how it works on my hands. A regular lotion may make my hands look and feel soft, but doesn’t help signs of aging. Original Sleek Tightening Cream works great on my aged, discolored and wrinkly knuckles are now looking plump and younger.
Where to Buy It
Find Original Sleek Tightening Cream at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJZ8BM89?ref=myi_title_dp
Have a comment or question about Original Sleek Tightening Cream?
Email us or tell us in the comments below.
The Style Chicks do their best to answer your questions.
- Najafian, Younes et al. “Plantago major in Traditional Persian Medicine and modern phytotherapy: a narrative review.” Electronic physician vol. 10,2 6390-6399. 25 Feb. 2018, doi:10.19082/6390
- Ashkani-Esfahani, Soheil et al. “The Healing Effect of Plantago Major and Aloe Vera Mixture in Excisional Full Thickness Skin Wounds: Stereological Study.” World journal of plastic surgery vol. 8,1 (2019): 51-57. doi:10.29252/wjps.8.1.51.Natural Product Research, December 2007, pages 1,234-1,239
- Bhagavathula, Narasimharao et al. “A combination of curcumin and ginger extract improves abrasion wound healing in corticosteroid-impaired hairless rat skin.” Wound repair and regeneration : official publication of the Wound Healing Society [and] the European Tissue Repair Society vol. 17,3 (2009): 360-6. doi:10.1111/j.1524-475X.2009.00483.x
- Skin Pharmacology and Physiology, 2016, pages 135-147
- Journal of Lipid Research, July 2008, pages 1,466-1,476
- Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, October 2012, pages 20-23