Shouldn’t every day be lipstick day?
We look for antioxidants in our face and eye skincare products, but lips often get ignored.
Did FaceApp scare you into taking better care of your skin? Taking care of lip skin is also a very worthwhile investment. And if you can take care of the skin on your lips and wear a great lipstick at the same time, all the better!
Caley Cosmetics Color Wave Natural Lipstick contains an all-star line-up of amazing natural ingredients!
Caley Color Wave Natural Lipsticks deliver skincare serum quality ingredients and vibrant color payout with a smooth finish. It has an exceptionally smooth application, even on very chapped, dry lips.
Part of what makes Color Wave Natural Lipsticks so moisturizing is the contain no water but rather humectant oils and butters.
The ingredient list reads more like a lip treatment than a lip cosmetic! Most lip treatments have four or five hydrating ingredients at best, this one packs a whole team of them! And they are good ones.
Read more details about what these ingredients do for lips below.
But first, more on the lipstick itself and the color payout.
What Makes Caley Cosmetics lipstick Special
Not just pretty for natural lipstick, they are just pretty, no qualifiers. I’d pick these shades if they weren’t natural. There are fifteen shade choices.
Caley Cosmetics Color Wave Natural Lipstick provides a precise tube form application with excellent pigmented color payout.
While we love the idea of a natural lipstick, in our experience, the options from other brands are generally more like a tinted or sheer balm in chapstick style tube form. These have their place in a casual, barely-there hint of color looks. But they lack the grown-up sophistication of a precise application lipstick formulation. The tube balm formulation tends to be messy or overly dry. I personally am underwhelmed with limited color choices from other brands. Another issue is my lips are thinner and can use the definition of a tube lipstick, not an imprecise balm. That effortless look takes a lot of effort for me to look presentable. Caley Cosmetics Color Wave Natural Lipstick gives a finished, refined look, and fills a place in the market with a natural lipstick that is simply a great lipstick.
MORE ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS
Many lipsticks contain chemicals you wouldn’t voluntarily ingest. The ingredients on Caley Color Wave Natural Lipstick are amazing.
- Castor Seed Oil is a humectant that reduces inflammation, heals scars and hydrates.
- Sunflower Seed Oil is hydrating, nourishing and an excellent supporting base. It retains moisture in the skin and is rich in Vitamin E. 
- Abyssinian Seed Oil is lightweight and absorbs easily.Â It contains linoleic acid, which is the predominant fat in skin cells. It forms the lipid barrier that holds moisture in skin cells, which keeps skin hydrated.
- Candelilla Wax is a vegan substitute for beeswax with similar properties. It works well with other waxes for improved product consistency and to raise melting points without chemicals.
- Cera Alba is beeswax. It allows the skin to retain its’ own moisture. it softens skin and provides a bit of natural lip-plumping quality. It is a natural skin conditioner that stands up to wind, dry weather, cold winters, and hot summer sun.
- Coconut Oil is highly moisturizing. It is also anti-inflammatory with mild UV protective properties. Coconut Oil exfoliates dry flaky skin and reveals smooth skin. It is antibacterial.
- Aloe Vera Leaf Extract has an enzyme that repairs dead skin cells. It soothes minor burns, scrapes, and heals the skin. It provides nourishment as it contains Vitamins A, C, Bs, and E as well as minerals and enzymes. This skin “food” heals, hydrates, and accelerates skin cell growth. It provides anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Persea Avocado Oil is 72% monounsaturated fatty acids. Avocado Oil mixes with water better than other oils, so it works well with other ingredients. Avocado Oil absorbs easily, making it an ideal moisturizer for dry, chapped skin.
- Sesame Seed Oil is full of fatty acids, vitamins, and nutrients. Full of antioxidants, it has a very thick and rich texture. It absorbs exceptionally well and seeps into the skin, making it soft and silky.
- Papaya Seed Oil contains the enzyme Papain. Papain is a natural exfoliate which gently removes dead skin cells. It is high in Tocopherols and Carotenoids, it’s an antioxidant and improves skin elasticity, reduces wrinkles, moisturizes and promotes skin cell regeneration. It has an amazing fatty acid profile, including linoleic and Behenic acid. It is exceptionally soothing to dry, chapped lips.
- Rice Bran Oil contains a large percentage of fatty acids that are rich in Omega 3 and 9. Rice bran oil is high in Vitamin B and E, giving it the potential to promote hydration, reduce pigmentation, and diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It contains antioxidants, such as beta-carotene, CoQ10, and lycopene.
- Watermelon Seed Oil is an outstanding antioxidant and highly nutritive oil. ItÂ is high in unsaturated fatty acids, such as by linoleic and oleic acids. It has antioxidant activity and the vitamin E compounds that protect the skin from oxidative stress and photo-aging. It also contains essential proteins, vitamins, and minerals to enrich lip skin. It absorbs quickly. 
- Illipe Butter comes from the nut of the Illipe tree. The butter is highly nourishing and promotes skin elasticity.
- Cocoa Butter contains a significant amount of polyphenol and flavonoid antioxidants. It prevents skin peeling. It keeps skin elastic.
- Elderberry Extract is popular in skincare because it increases microcirculation. It is high in Vitamin C and E to decrease fine lines, but is still gentle enough to use on lips when included an emollient formulation such as this one.
- Mango Fruit Extract is high in copper, which is fantastic for delicate skin like the lips! Copper builds Collagen, Elastin and increases Hyaluronic Acid production which keeps lip skin plump and springy.
- Jasmine Oil supports skin elasticity by preventing elastin degradation in the skin. It is high in antioxidants.
- Hibiscus Flower Extract promotes collagen
- Pineapple Fruit contains fruit extracts that are effective exfoliants to sloughs off dead cells on the surface of the skin while imparting soothing skin benefits.
- Tocopheryl Acetate is a form of Vitamin E used in skincare. Vitamin E has anti-inflammatory properties, which soothe irritated lips.
- Triisostearyl Citrate is an emollient that is smooth and non-greasy. It imparts pigment-dispersing powder.
ABOUT THE BRAND
“All of our natural beauty products are developed and made in a family owned & operated green beauty facility. We test every clean cosmetic product endlessly until we can guarantee our cruelty-free makeup brand delivers healthy skincare benefits for optimal performance.”
– Caley Cosmetics
WHERE TO FIND IT
Find Caley Cosmetics Color Wave Lipsticks at https://caleycosmetics.com/products/natural-lipstick
Have any questions about Caley Cosmetics? The Style Chicks are here to answer them.
- Lopez Perez G, Torres Altamirano M. Indications for sunflower oil concentrate in the treatment of atopic dermatitis. Rev Alerg Mex. 2006;53(6):217-25.
- Tarek A. El-Adawy and Khaled M. Taha (2001). “Characteristics and Composition of Watermelon, Pumpkin, and Paprika Seed Oils and Flours”. J. Agric. Food Chem. 49 (3): 1253-1259. doi:10.10217
- Loden M, Andersson AC. Effect of topically applied lipids on surfactant-irritated skin. Br J Dermatol. 1996;134(2):215-20.
- Essential Fatty Acids and Skin Health. Linus Pauling Institute at the Oregon State University.
- A review on dietary phytosterols: Their occurrence, metabolism and health benefits. Raphael J. Ogbe et al, Asian Journal of Plant Science and Research.
ABOUT THIS POST
These Caley Cosmetics Lipsticks were submitted to Style Chicks for consideration purposes. All opinions and experiences are 100% our own.