LOOKING BRIGHT-EYED & WIDE AWAKE WITH MAC COSMETICS EYESHADOW IN YOGURT
SUMMARY: A brightening, go-to neutral base that is prettier than beige and taupe shadow bases, MAC Eyeshadow in the shade Yogurt gives a wide awake look to the eye and cancels out lid darkness. Does not appear pink upon application.
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT MAC COSMETICS EYESHADOW IN “YOGURT.”
QUICKLY LOOK WIDE AWAKE: THE POWER OF SHELL PINK
If you look tired because you are 1) indeed tired or 2) due to dark circles/eyelids, pale pink eye products can brighten up the eye and make you appear wide awake.
This concept works with a shell pink based concealer, rimming the waterline with a shimmery pink pencil. Shell pink also works wonders lifting the eye with browbone highlighter like Benefit High Brow Eyebrow Highlighter, and of course, shell pink as an eyeshadow.
IN SEARCH OF THE RIGHT PALE SHELL PINK EYESHADOW
Finding a good pale shell pink can be a challenge. The wrong shade of pink can make eyes look puffy and irritated. Some pinks look too “Katy Perry/Barbie Doll” for situations you are expected to be adulting, like job interviews and other non-sparkly occasions. And some pale pink shadows are specifically geared towards tired eyes but are very chalky and too pale. So we were elated to find the very blendable MAC shadow shade Yogurt, it is a go-to product for looking wide awake in no time.
ABOUT MAC COSMETICS EYESHADOW IN YOGURT
COLOR: MAC Yogurt is a matte soft pink, no sheen or shift. It is blue based but not lavender or lilac. A prettier and more flattering neutral than a beige, taupe or brown, it very useful for pale skin tones with darkness around the eye.
TEXTURE: Blendable and not chalky, but with a few caveats:
- Be cautious when applying over a shadow primer or foundation that your base is dry. Otherwise, it can make this shade look cakey, depending on your eyeshadow brush.
- Apply sparingly; this does not require multiple layers, one layer does it. Be especially sparing on the inner corners of the eye, this is the only area I found I had some creasing sometimes.
- I’ve used my Beauty Blender to smooth and buff out this shadow on my lid for a sheer finish.
I do however find MAC’s Yogurt to be the least cakey or chalky and the most natural looking of the pale pink shadow bases geared towards giving a wide-awake eye look.
FINISH: Matte and clean, fairly blendable. No shimmer, not cakey. Not glittery or Barbie-like, this is an elegant pink, soft and subtle. The pinkness is not detectable as pink once applied, it seems just like a neutral base.
FALLOUT: I did not get any fallout with use, it wore all day over an eyeshadow primer or foundation.
USE: MAC Yogurt Eyeshadow works great for:
- A highlight on the brow, but I use it for an all over the lid up to the browbone base.
- For a quick eye look, I use this and just something for definition above my brow crease, maybe even a quick swipe of my blush. It is a basic neutral that compliments most colors.
- If you have undereye circles and dark lids, this cancels the darkness nicely without using lots of heavy (cakey and aging) concealing product.
- As it is matte, it is suitable for daytime (read work/office) use and as a base for a full range of eye looks, ranging from simple to flashy.
- Useful for deep set eyes to bring them forward without using a glitter or shimmery shade around the eye.
- For a no fuss/no-makeup look where you still want to look wide awake.
SIMILAR PRODUCTS OR DUPES
MAC Yogurt Eyeshadow is a more blendable, less chalky dupe of TRISH MCEVOY Deluxe Eye Shadow in Shell, but warmer and more natural in tone.
MAC Yogurt is matte, Estee Lauder ‘Pure Color Envy’ Defining Wet/Dry Eyeshadow in Cheeky Pink has shimmer and is a more coppery-peach of a pink.
MAC Vapour Eyeshadow is similar but has less pigment and is shimmery.
WHO WEARS IT BEST:
Best suited for those who wish to make the eye look brighter, rested and wide awake.
WHERE TO BUY
Yogurt eyeshadow is just $6 if you buy the pan refill, $16 in the pot.
Find it at MacCosmetics.com.