Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat is an iconic beauty product. A brightener and anti-aging wonder. But are you using it correctly? Read these tips to find out.
HOW YSL TOUCHEÂ ECLAT WORKS
Ever watch a makeup artist “age” someone for a movie role? Â They add lines of a dark grayish brown darkness to select areas of the face to make it appear sagging, hollowed and haggard. Â Touche Eclat can be used to do the opposite by adding peachy light to these same areas.Â Touche Eclat brightens without being shimmery or glittery.
TOP TIPS ON HOW TO USE YVES SAINT LAURENT TOUCHE ECLAT
Some of my favorite tips include:
- ANTI-AGING: Subtle signs of aging are excess darkness on some areas of the face, a light application of Touche Eclat counteracts this:
- Applying a light upside-downÂ “U” shapeÂ in the indentation of the chin
- Applying it under the nostrils where many of us get broken red capillaries, to lift the nose, which tends toÂ droopÂ with age
- Apply it to the sides of the mouth where they turn down to lift drooping lips
- At the arch of the eyebrow, blend a dot of Eclat into that highpoint.
- CONCEAL LAUGH LINES: Smile and draw over the lines with the Eclat. Blend to hide the lines.
- SMOKEY EYE CLEANUP: If your smokey eye has become too dark, clean it up a bit with some eclat on the highlight section. This cleans up and lightens your look without disturbing that otherwise hard-earned blended smokey look on the rest of the eye.
- FOR THE UNDEREYE: Â If you have little in the way of dark circles, Touche Eclat is enough to brighten under the eye, but if you have something to cover, you will need more than Eclat for actual coverage. I like to use my standard foundation or concealer, and then dab a TINY bit of Eclat on top of that for some brightening. If you brighten the entire circle, there is no natural contour to your undereye, which looks old and weird. But less is more when it comes to undereye Eclat use.
Tips from the Amazing Wayne Goss, YouTube makeup artist
Wayne Goss has an excellent video that explains the dos and don’ts of Touche Eclat and shows how to use Touche Eclat to do the following:
- SLIM THE NOSE: Draw a vertical stripe down the bridge of your nose makes it appear straighter
- LIFT THE EYEBROW: Draw a line atop each eyebrow
- ADD LIGHT: Apply to your lower forehead and feather the product upward to help draw light to your face
- AWAKEN EYES: A spot in the inner-corner of the eye will make you appear more awake and looks more natural than shimmery white shadow
- TOP OF THE CHEEKBONE: Just below where you do your concealer, highlight the top of the cheekbone for more light and definition.
- MAKE LIPSTICK POP: after putting on lipstick, lightly apply Touche Ã‰clat to the outside areas of both your top and bottom lip as well as the cupidâ€™s bow, to pull focus and definition to the mouth
See Wayne Goss demonstrate how to use YSL Touche Eclat: