For a day of errands, hiking, the library, attending class, hanging out at a coffee shop on a rainy afternoon or a weekend away, nothing beats the versatility of a rucksack style backpack. Just as necessary in grad school as high school, a sturdy backpack neatly & easily carries all the essentials for a long day. We like OdyseaCo’s stylish Montera Vintage Canvas Backpack because it’s compact yet safely holds everything we need including textbooks, notebooks, a laptop, tablet, a water bottle, snacks, and a makeup bag with room to spare.
AN ODE TO THE GROWN-UP BACKPACK
Ever notice how some backpacks make an otherwise competent-appearing person look like a junior high school student or an inexperienced newbie on the job?
The Montera Vintage Canvas Backpack by OdyseaCo looks like something a responsible grown-up would own, while it still has a slimline, stylish retro-urban line to it. It looks good, so here is no need to hide it away during the day. Its’ functional design is attractive and suitable for either gender to carry.
The Montera Backpack has enough style for an adult to use, including research assistants, teaching assistants, and interns. If you’re a college student or a professional who is going to grad school at night, you’ll appreciate how efficiently everything fits into this backpack including a bottle of water, a packed dinner, and snack, your textbooks, and laptop.
USES FOR THIS PACKBACK
- This Montera backpack is ideal if your work environment is not as structured as a corporate lawyer briefcase type of look, but your job still requires some polish and organization to transport work materials neatly.
- The many divided compartments in this backpack are ideal for holding files, forms, documents, a laptop, and various data storage mediums, pens, pads of paper and other materials such as a person in a technology field, an artist or a teacher might carry.
- The look is appealing for both men and women, as the styling and lines have a retro vintage vibe.
- The sturdy canvas material also works for hiking, camping, and if you pack lightly for travel, or wish if to keep valuables and important documents on your person.
Montera Vintage Canvas Backpack FEATURES
Here is a closer look at some of the features that set apart the Montera Vintage Canvas backpack:
- FRONT POCKETS: The slimmer front pocket closes securely stores your wallet, phone, passport, tickets or other essential documents.
- COMFORTABLE PADDED SHOULDER STRAPS: It has sturdy padded shoulder straps that are riveted for extra reinforcement. They distribute the weight better for less back strain and better posture while carrying the bag. The straps are adjustable to best fit your frame.
- LAPTOP COMPARTMENT: There is a padded inner pouch holds up to 15.6″ screen laptops or tablets with ease and a thick velcro strap to ensure the laptop stays safely in place within the bag while in transit.
- SIDE WATER BOTTLE/WINE BOTTLE POCKETS: Â Two very large side pockets can hold wine bottles or a large daily water intake bottle, horizontal straps secure very tall bottles on top and bottom.
- GRAB HANDLE: It has a sturdy grab handle to lift the bag in a hurry or not carry it on your shoulders. It holds up even when the bag is full.
- LARGE ZIPPERS: It has large easy to grasp zippers that withstand “overstuffing” the bag without bending or unraveling.
- HEAVY DUTY CANVAS: The canvas is a heavy duty fabric, and the bag itself is well made with no loose pieces or loose stitching. It will easily last for years
- SECURE with a hidden zippered pocket to transport valuable items securely. Ideal for holding cash, valuables, your keys, and medications. It also comes with two sets of interlocking click-in straps to ensure the zippers are not unzipped until you want to open the bag
- ROOMY: It fits a jacket or sweater, a guidebook or map, snacks, and extra water.Â It is large without being cumbersome to carry. At 14″ x 18 ” x 8″ capacity there’s plenty of storage space.
PUTTING THE MONTERO BAG TO THE TEST
The Montera Vintage Canvas Backpack easily held my water bottle in the outside side pocket, my 15.6″ screen laptop fits into the laptop compartment, my drawing tablet fits into another compartment. There is room for some paperwork, a sketchbook, and a notebook. I can hold a few textbooks for a night time class. There is also space for a small makeup bag for touchups, and a few snacks and a brown-bag lunch.
It’s not too heavy to carry around, and the weight distributes nicely with the reinforced nature of the leather shoulder straps. Even when I overpack the backpack, the straps don’t dig into my shoulders. I like the grab handle; it is stitched very well, making it rugged enough to withstand some abuse when I pick up my bag.
I like the Montera Vintage Canvas Backpack for carrying around my laptop or tablet because it holds it securely in the padded compartment, yet the backpack itself is not particularly conspicuous as a laptop case. I feel more comfortable transporting my tablets, expensive wares from work, and my laptop with my data and work product on it when on-campus, at the library, or walking city blocks to my destination.
The Montera Vintage Canvas Backpack is sturdy, stylish, holds several heavy textbooks at once, securely keeps a laptop in a tidy padded compartment, and neatly holds papers and valuables all in their respective places.
Find the Montera Vintage Canvas Backpack at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MA26PBX
Style Chicks received the Montera Vintage Canvas Backpack in exchange for our unbiased review and received compensation for our time and effort. However, our experience with the product and the opinions expressed in this review are 100% ours.