A frequently cited statistic says that the average woman accidentally ingests ten pounds of lip gloss per year. That figure seems high. Suspiciously high. But one thing we can all agree on is that most lip glosses and balms contain toxic chemicals. Chemicals that you would never choose to ingest into your body. That’s why we love Earth’s Daughter Organic Beeswax Lipbalm.
Matte lips are in lately, which makes a good lip balm mandatory for the smoothest application. Nothing ages the face like dry, thin lips. Even if your makeup and hair are perfect, chapped lips make a polished look “undone”. Earth’s Daughter Organic Beeswax Lipbalms contain only safe, natural ingredients that provide superior hydration to chapped lips. Whether for a soft, natural lip or to create a smooth surface for lipstick, these lip balms keep lips soft, plump and youthful.
There are some natural lip balms made with two or three of these ingredients, but these Earth’s Daughter Organic Beeswax Lipbalms feature an entire line-up of powerful skin softening, organic all-stars.
The ingredient list is easy to understand: Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Beeswax, and Organic Coconut Oil. There is also Vitamin E, Organic Rosemary Extract, and Organic Calendula Extract.
The flavors and scents are from Organic Cherry, Vanilla, Coconut, and Strawberry Flavors, Organic Essential Oils of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Orange, Lemon, and Lime.
- Sunflower Oil retains moisture in the skin and is also rich in vitamin E.
- Beeswax softens lip skin and provides a bit of a natural lip-plumping quality. It is a natural skin conditioner that stands up to wind, dry weather, cold winters and hot summer sun.
- Coconut Oil penetrates deeper than other oils, exfoliating dry flaky skin and revealing smooth lips. It is also antibacterial.
- Eucalyptus and Peppermint Oil provides scent and anti-bacterial properties.
- Vitamin E oil is sometimes used directly on the lips in cases of extreme chapping and dryness. Vitamin E can also maintain the lips to avoid excess chapping in the first place
- Organic Calendula Extract promotes the regeneration of new tissue regeneration and soothes damaged skin
- Rosemary Oil naturally protects lip skin from sun damage and free radicals. It also has natural antiseptic properties.
WHAT THEY DON’T CONTAIN
- Vanilla Bean
- Creamy Coconut
- Eucalyptus Mint
- Bing Cherry
- Citrus Blast
- Strawberry Breeze
Some ways we found that Daughter Organic Beeswax Lipbalm can be especially useful to prevent irritation
- Does your face cleanser dry out your lips? Some ingredients that can irritate lips include Glycolic Acid, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Using Earth’s Daughter Organic Beeswax Lipbalm before washing my face protects my lips from drying facial washes.
- The lip balms also provide lip protection during a DIY spa facial treatment that may irritate the lips such as a face mask or home peel
- They also provide lip protection if toothpaste, citrus juices, or sauces irritate your lips.