CBD has anti-aging, skin-enhancing, and skin healing benefits. Topical CBD also provides muscle relief. But for CBD to work, it requires a specific dosage, quality, and formulation. A product that meets all these criteria is The Balm by Deep Rooted Hemp Company. It has an astounding 1500mg of CBD to soothe muscles and improve chronic skin conditions…including signs of aging.
Defining Quality CBD Skincare
You’ve probably seen CBD in many popular boutique brands at Sephora, Violet Gray, Blue Mercury, and Ulta.
But some CBD skincare uses just enough CBD to include it on the ingredient list, but not enough CBD to offer effective skincare or muscle relief. This practice is called “sprinkling”. Sprinkling is surprisingly common, even amongst some well-known, reputable beauty brands. Some beauty brands include only 50-100mg of CBD in their formulations.
Another practice is using questionably sourced or heavily processed CBD isolates. CBD Isolates are so highly processed that they lose the valuable CBD nutrients, including skin-loving CBG (more about CBG later).
The Balm by Deep Rooted Hemp Company is a full-spectrum CBD free of all these common CBD problems.
Have you ever been underwhelmed by a CBD skincare product? Then you got a product with subpar CBD. Because good CBD lives up to the hype.
WhyÂ The BalmÂ is Special
The Balm by Deep Rooted Hemp Company contains CBD from Deep Rooted Hemp Company’s own Colorado grown industrial hemp. Deep Rooted Hemp Company is fully transparent – all of their Independent CANNABINOID PROFILE test results are available for download on their website.
The Balm by Deep Rooted Hemp Company is:
- 1500mg of Full Spectrum CBD from US Grown Organic Hemp Oil
- Mindfully grown and crafted
- Small Batch
- Sustainable supply chain supporting women, veterans, minority and disabled owned businesses.
- Independently tested
- Full Transparency
- Minimally processed for environmentally sound footprint
- Less than 0.3% THC
- Responsible packaging with Hemp-based fiber labels
It is a high-quality CBD – and a generous amount of it – at a whopping 1500 mg – far exceeding their competitors. The Balm’s CBD level is high enough to address chronic skin concerns and even sore muscles.
This multi-purpose skin and muscle treatment is packaged in an easy to use, non-greasy formulation. This formulation also combines CBD with effective natural ingredients to provide relief to problematic skin and sore muscles.
|This Full Spectrum CBD contains CBD, CBG, CBN, CBC, Flavonoids & Terpenes. Plus Omegas and Vitamin D  to give skin a lovely glow!|
CBD Skincare Benefits
Full Spectrum CBD, such as used in The Balm, has several skincare benefits.
Hemp Seed Oils fatty acid profile is highly beneficial for the skin. It protects the skin barrier and treats several skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, and acne. Hemp seed oil is a good source of polyunsaturated and essential fatty acids. These address the skins of skin aging.
Cannabigerols (CBG) is a very important compound found in full spectrum CBD.Â CBG is a skin-care superstar.
CBG kills bacteria and reduces inflammation. CBG addresses complicated skin problems that typically require prescription creams. These include moderate photo-damage, eczema and psoriasis. 
CBG is difficult to extract, so a Full-spectrum CBD like The Balm is a great way to get CBG benefits.
Topical CBD for Pain Relief
Exercise or repetitive tasks can cause achy joints and sore muscles. Topical CBD can help. The European Journal of Pain published a study reports:
â€œtopical CBD application has therapeutic potential for relief of arthritis pain-related behaviours and inflammation without evident side-effects. 
How The Balm’s Supporting Ingredients Soothe sore muscles
Injury or exercise can induce muscle soreness.
The action of the ingredients Comfrey and Plantain are particularly interesting because, during the initial period of injury, the liver secretes an enzyme that causes the activity of fibroblasts in the body to increase collagen production, the protein the body uses to repair soft tissue.
Comfrey and Plantain produce the compound Allantoin, which stimulates the activity of the fibroblasts to continue producing collagen beyond the initial period of injury, after which time the fibroblasts ordinarily return to their pre-injury level of activity.
As a result, soft tissue repair continues at an accelerated pace for as long as the Comfrey and Plantain-containing formula is applied.
Arnica supports the healing that has been set in motion by Comfrey and Plantain, as do the other ingredients. It is very effective on post-workout soreness.
Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients found in The Balm.
A freshly opened tin of The Balm has a smooth texture. It is harder than jelly or cream but it is not difficult to work with or scoop. Just a small amount is all you need.
Non-sticky balm that melts into an easy to apply oil texture.
Refreshing lemongrass as a top note. Far preferable to the tell-tale Bengay like odors of many topical ointments.
Directions: apply to dry skin, sore muscles, joints, and bruises. Rub in well.
The Balm quickly melts into the skin. It is not sticky like Bengay or lidocaine creams. The Balm doesn’t stain clothing, make me oily or leave a residue. It doesn’t burn or sting.
The Balm is outstanding on chapped lips. My lips are chronically dry, especially in winter. I tried everything, even Creme de la Mer concentrate. The Balm soothes chapped lips while providing a mild plumping action.
CBD instead of OTC Pain Relievers
With unexplained muscle or joint aches, it is always wise to check with your doctor to avoid masking a serious underlying issue.
But if your muscular pain and soreness associated with exercise or other known causes, you might find this product a good alternative to many others whose negatives outweigh their positives. Why take ibuprofen or Tylenol when a safe, natural remedy will work?
Where to buy it
Find The Balm by Deep Rooted Hemp Company at https://deeprootedhemp.com/collections/the-balms
The Balm by Deep Rooted Hemp Company
Try The Balm by Deep Rooted Hemp Company at a great price.
Get 20% off all topicals, tinctures, and small-batch products with code HEMPSTYLE20
Have any comments or questions about The Balm by Deep Rooted Hemp Company?
The Style Chicks are here to answer them.
Leave a comment or Email Us
- OlÃ¡h, Attila et al. Cannabidiol exerts sebostatic and antiinflammatory effects on human sebocytes. The Journal of clinical investigation vol. 124,9 (2014): 3713-24. doi:10.1172/JCI64628
- Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research, June 2017, pages 139-154
- Palmieri B, Laurino C, Vadal M. A therapeutic effect of cbd-enriched ointment in inflammatory skin diseases and cutaneous scars. Clin Ter. 2019;170(2):e93-e99. doi:10.7417/CT.2019.2116
- Federica P., Cannabis sativa L. and Nonpsychoactive Cannabinoids: Their Chemistry and Role against Oxidative Stress, Inflammation, and Cancerâ, BioMed Research International. Volume 2018, https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/1691428
- OlÃ¡h, Cannabidiol exerts sebostatic, The Journal of clinical investigation
- Palmieri, A therapeutic effect, Clin Ter.
- Hammell, D C et al. Transdermal cannabidiol reduces inflammation and pain-related behaviours in a rat model of arthritis. European journal of pain (London, England) vol. 20,6 (2016): 936-48. doi:10.1002/ejp.818
- Naveed, Akhtar & Zaman, Shahiq uz & Khan, Barkat & Khan, Haji M. shoaib & Ahmad, Mahmood & Rasool, Fatima & Mahmood, Tariq & Rasul, Akhtar. (2011). Evaluation of various functional skin parameters using a topical cream of Calendula officinalis extract. African journal of pharmacy and pharmacology. 5. 199-206.
- Staiger, Christiane. Comfrey: a clinical overview. Phytotherapy research : PTR vol. 26,10Â (2012): 1441-8. doi:10.1002/ptr.4612
- R, Suter A, Saller R, et al. Choosing between NSAID and arnica for topical treatment of hand osteoarthritis in a randomised, double-blind study. Rheumatol Int. Apr 2007;27(6):585-591.
- Peana AT, D™Aquila PS, Panin F, Serra G, Pippia P, Moretti MD. Anti-inflammatory activity of linalool and linalyl acetate constituents of essential oils. Phytomedicine. 2002;9(8):721â€“726. doi:10.1078/094471102321621322
ABOUT THIS POST
The Style Chicks team personally tests and thoroughly evaluates each product before it is featured. We received compensation for our time and effort to form an opinion about this product. We produced this blog post because we want our readers to know about this great product!
Style Chicks independently researches product ingredients to understand how every featured product works. We show our research in the References section of each article.
Our opinions are 100% our own.