Coconut Oil is a multi-purpose, go-to remedy for many beauty, health, cooking and household uses. Finding a quality grade coconut oil is a worthwhile investment. A brand we like is Island’s Miracle Organic Coconut Oil because 1) it is a food grade, cold-pressed, extra virgin oil 2) it has an appealing flavor and scent 3) it absorbs into the skin with a non-greasy finish, and 4) it makes our hair soft and shiny without dull residue.
COCONUT OIL USES
Coconut Oil is a fabulous hair and skin conditioner. It removes makeup. It locks moisture into skin after a shower. Coconut Oil can clean makeup brushes and reduce the appearance of stretch marks. There are also numerous health benefits to consuming Coconut Oil.
FINDING A QUALITY COCONUT OIL
For all that Coconut Oil does, it makes sense to use only a quality Coconut Oil for topical application and cooking use. Not every Coconut Oil brand is created equal. There is a wide variety of price points for Coconut Oil. Some brands are not as suitable for eating, and even some of the food grade Coconut Oils are not very tasty or lack an appetizing aroma.
While most Coconut Oil brands will provide some benefits (serving as a shaving cream or moisturizing cuticles), few Coconut Oils are truly food quality. Fewer have USDA Certification. Coconut Oil must be pure, fresh, free of additives, and, of course, be tasty to be used in cooking and baking.
ABOUT ISLAND’S MIRACLE ORGANIC COCONUT OIL
Island’s Miracle Organic Coconut Oil is a USDA Certified Organic 100% raw, cold-pressed (first press only), extra virgin coconut oil that has a wonderful flavor and scent. Made from pesticide and insecticide free coconuts, with no additives such as salt, sugar, yeast, gluten, eggs, shellfish or preservatives.
Island’s Miracle uses PBA-Free Plastic packaging to prevent toxins from getting into their pure coconut oil. The container comes sealed, as you can see in the video below. I had to loosen it before I did the video, because it came quite tightly sealed!
I was impressed by the light, natural smell of coconut and the cold pressed texture resulting in a densely packed, emollient oil.
It is a quality food grade, making it suitable for use in cooking, baking and included in energy drinks, smoothies, and in coffee. There is no strange aftertaste to the Island’s Miracle Coconut Oil. It is fresh, light and natural tasting.
USING ISLAND’S MIRACLE ORGANIC COCONUT OIL ON MY HAIR & SKIN
I’ve used several brands of Coconut Oil on my hair and skin, and do like the results. What I don’t like is how greasy it can be on the skin, and how the residue can make hair dull. I didn’t have that experience with this Coconut Oil. It’s not greasy and absorbed into the skin well. It is suitable for use on the skin (even on the face and around the delicate eye area) and hair, as well as used as a baby skin ointment. I also used it on the ends of my hair; it left it a soft sheen and my hair felt thicker and softer. There was no dulling film after I shampooed it out.
TEST: HOW TO INCORPORATE ISLAND’S MIRACLE ORGANIC COCONUT OIL INTO MY DIET FOR EASY & HEALTHIER EATING HABITS
I haven’t found the taste of a Coconut Oil very appealing in other brands I tried, but since Island’s Miracle Oil is pure, cold pressed and virgin oil, it has so many health benefits it’s worth trying. I was pleased to find it to be a pleasant taste with no aftertaste or strange texture.
Since Island’s Miracle Coconut Oil is tasty and smells delicious, it is easier to make some healthy dietary changes, such as opting for using the healthier Coconut Oil over less healthy fats like butter, cream or cooking sprays.
I tested a few Coconut Oil substitute ideas using the Island’s Miracles Coconut Oil. These little calorie-saving tricks add up and still give me more energy without sacrificing taste.
1. One substitute I tried was spreading Coconut Oil on my toast instead of butter. This gave me more energy before a workout or long day. The taste was light and sweet, and Coconut Oil still melted into a warm consistency on my toast like butter does, and with the Coconut Oil, my toast was not dry or bland, so I didn’t miss the butter much, and it is an easy switch while watching calories.
2. Another substitute is stirring the Coconut Oil into my coffee instead of milk or creamer. If hot coffee and Island’s Miracle Organic Coconut Oil are mixed in the blender, it makes a creamy cappuccino kind of texture. Coconut Oil is used in Bulletproof coffee recipes, which gives an energy boost and helps curbs the munchies, making it easier to stick to a diet. Coconut Oil in a smoothie makes for a surprisingly good texture, adds some sweetness and gives energy because of Coconut Oils’ fast acting MCFA fats.
3. A fun way we found to incorporate the Island’s Coconut Oil as a healthy fat substitute is for making popcorn! It smells just like movie theater popcorn! To make Popcorn with Coconut Oil, we melted a few tablespoons of Island’s Miracle Coconut Oil in a pot on the stove. Then we popped the kernels the old fashioned way with a tin foil “lid.” Once popped, drizzle the popped kernels lightly with some more melted Coconut Oil add toppings to taste such as sea salt, spices, or cinnamon. Yum! Much tastier than microwave popcorn and without the chemicals.
OTHER COCONUT OIL USES IN COOKING:
1. High-heat cooking, such as Sauteing and Frying, can be done with Coconut Oil because of its high smoke point from its’ heat-stable, healthy saturated fats.
2. A teaspoon of Coconut Oil can substitute for a non-stick cooking spray.
3. To bake with Coconut Oil, exchange the same amount of coconut oil as the butter or vegetable oil that is called for in the recipe.
CONCLUSION: A quality Coconut Oil is a must for every household, it serves so many purposes! A worthwhile investment is a USDA Certified Organic, cold pressed, virgin oil like the Island’s Miracles Organic Coconut Oil, a tasty oil suitable for cooking, baking and a host of beauty purposes. An excellent price for a pure, additive-free Coconut Oil!
Find Island’s Miracle Organic Coconut Oil at https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C79Y0EO
I received this product in exchange for my unbiased review and received compensation for my time and effort. However, my experience with the product and the opinions expressed in this review are 100% mine.