Retinol is one of the best things you can do for your skin. It benefits adult skin of men and women at any age. Whether a teen coping with acne or mature skin fighting wrinkles, discoloration, texture, or large pores, retinol can help. Original Sleek Retinol Cream is non-comedogenic, cruelty-free and contains stellar plant extract ingredients for great skin. Read about this ingredient formulation and our experience with Original Sleek Retinol Cream.
What are the Benefits of Retinol?
What are the skincare benefits of retinol? Retinol is a Vitamin A derivative. It is a marvelous antioxidant which prevents collagen and elastin loss. It resurfaces the texture of the skin, encouraging new, healthy skin cell turnover.
Retinol can improve the appearance of:
- sun damage
- rough skin texture
- acne and stubborn acne scars 
- dark circles
- uneven skin tone (brown spots, hyperpigmentation)
- enlarged pores
- sun damage (rough skin, sun spots)
- sign of aging skin: wrinkles, sagging, dullness
Why It Is Special
Original Sleek Retinol Cream contains plant-based and natural buffering ingredients to help even sensitive skin types tolerate regular retinol use. This formulation is:
- High-potency cocktail of various weight Hyaluronic Acids
- Cruelty free
- No unwanted additives such as gluten, parabens, phthalates, SLS, SLES, and petroleum.
- Buffering ingredients to keep skin free of retinol dryness and irritation
- Opaque packaging keeps ingredients fresh
- Ingredients typically seen at higher price point products
- Ideal for those who want a simple skincare routine such as busy moms, college students, and men
- Gentle enough to use on the backs of hands and on the throat helps minimize sun spots and UV damage
In addition to Retinol, Original Sleek Retinol Cream contains helpful supporting ingredients:
We like the one-pump dispenser design to keep the product fresh, and the nozzle cap to keep it airtight.
- Scent: faint, nothing on drydown
- Color: Opaque white
- Consistency: It is a creamy texture. A second moisturizer is not necessary, but there was no piling when I applied one after drydown.
- Dry-down: It takes a few minutes to dry down but then it is smooth.
How to Use It
- Dispense one pump of cream.
- Dab it onto the forehead, nose, each cheek, and chin.
- Gently rub/pat it into the skin, spreading evenly over the face.
- For the throat and upper décolletage, use a second pump worth of product.
Use retinol at night. It can be used nightly, but if you are new to retinols, start with 3 times a week.
With regular use, my skin is well-hydrated and not dry like some retinols. There is no itchy tight feeling!
This is a great formulation for sensitive skin types who cannot tolerate prescription strength retinoids.
Where to Buy It
Find Original Sleek Retinol Cream at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJJFVZRW?ref=myi_title_dp
Have any questions or comments about Original Sleek Retinol Cream?
Email or comment below and we will do our best to answer them!
- Ganceviciene R, Liakou AI, Theodoridis A, Makrantonaki E, Zouboulis CC. Skin anti-aging strategies. Dermatoendocrinol. 2012;4(3):308-319. doi:10.4161/derm.22804
- Callender VD, Baldwin H, Cook-Bolden FE, Alexis AF, Stein Gold L, Guenin E. Effects of topical retinoids on acne and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation in patients with skin of color: a clinical review and implications for practice. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2022;23(1):69-81. doi:10.1007/s40257-021-00643-2
- Natural Product Research, December 2007, pages 1,234-1,239
- Shara M, Stohs SJ. Efficacy and Safety of White Willow Bark (Salix alba) Extracts. Phytother Res. 2015 Aug;29(8):1112-6. doi: 10.1002/ptr.5377. Epub 2015 May 22. PMID: 25997859
About This Post