Prenatal vitamins are the secret weapon of supermodels, as they enhance skin while making nails and hair grow long & healthy. Mom-to-be or not, read why Zahler Prenatal + DHA 300 Premium Multivitamin Formula is the ideal supplement for your beauty, body, brain & vision needs.
We’ve all read how the best multi-vitamins are prenatal supplements. After all, if it is good enough to keep a baby growing optimally and keep the mother healthy, isn’t it good enough to keep you in top form, both inside and out?
When taking a prenatal vitamin strictly for the beauty benefits, it’s important to find a balanced multi-vitamin. A prenatal vitamin is often superior to the popular ‘hair and nail vitamin formulas’ because these targeted formulas tend to omit necessary minerals for overall health, including those related to optimal brain functioning. One prenatal vitamin we like for its’ beauty and brains support is Zahler Prenatal + DHA 300 Premium Multivitamin.
WHAT IS IN THE ZAHLER PRENATAL + DHA 300 PREMIUM MULTIVITAMIN FORMULA
One of the things we love about this formula is that the amounts of each vitamin are synergistic with the others so that it will work optimally in your system. Check out the lineup within this Zahler Prenatal+DHA multivitamin to see how it supports beauty, body, vision and brain:
- DHA is vital for neurological development in utero, but it is also crucial for maintaining brain and eye health throughout life. If you do not eat fatty fish three times a week or regularly eat walnuts or chia seeds, DHA likely needs to be supplemented.
- Vitamin A supports the normal formation and maintenance of the heart, lungs, and kidneys
- Vitamin C supports immune system health and new cell production, notably including skin and hair. Vitamin C is the building block for collagen, the support structure of skin that staves off wrinkles, discoloration, dull skin and facial sagging
- Vitamin D3 promotes calcium absorption and maintains bone and neuromuscular health
- Vitamin E supports skeletal, cardiac, and smooth muscle
- Vitamin Bs:
- B1 (Thiamine) aids other Bs to turn food into energy
- B2 (Riboflavin) helps proteins function.
- B3 (Niacin) regulates cholesterol. A Niacin lack causes anemia and tiredness.
- B5 (Pantothenic Acid) synthesizes and metabolizes proteins, carbs, and fats to make energy
- B6 (Pyridoxine) turns food into energy
- B7 (Biotin) maintains blood sugar levels and is known to grow strong, long hair and nails
- B9 (Folate or Folic Acid) is involved in DNA, red blood cell, and RNA production. Folate prevents anemia. This form of Folate isÂ Quatrofolate, which is the authentic form of folic acid.
- B12: Many women have low B12 levels which result in health and beauty problems. Some problems include fatigue, weight gain from a slow metabolism, brittle hair, dull skin, and weak fingernails. Low B12 also makes one feel mentally groggy. Taking B12 quickly makes one feel more energetic.
- K1 helps with blood clotting and activates key proteins
- Calcium not only maintains healthy bones and posture but also is used by the vascular system, for muscle function, nerve transmission, intracellular signaling and hormonal secretion
- Magnesium deficiency is common in adults, causing muscle aches, poor digestion, anxiety, PMS, headaches, and trouble sleeping.
- Iron: necessary for hair growth, energy, healthy blood cell production and the production of the entire suite of the Vitamin B’s.
- Copper builds collagen. It is often paired with zinc for brain support and energy production
- Zinc helps balance hormones and battles fatigue
- Manganese is paired with iron to improve bone structure.
- Iodine makes thyroid hormones, and during pregnancy, it supports proper bone and brain development
- Chromium slows the loss of calcium
- Choline is like a B Vitamin in function; the body uses it to create DNA, for nerve signaling, and for detoxification. Itâ€™s also used for acetylcholine function, an anti-aging neurotransmitter
- Selenium is an anti-oxidant that supports metabolism function
- Lutein Zeaxanthin Complex is the optimal vitamin pairing for vision health. Some report improvement in their vision or the delay of the deterioration of existing eye health problems. This is an expensive vitamin combination in of itself and is rarely seen in a multi-vitamin, much less in dosages significant enough to be effective. We’ve seen just a Lutein/Zeaxanthin combos as seen in this dosage cost more than this entire supplement does.
These are crucial vitamins and minerals, but they must be taken in the correct dosage. Too little is ineffective, too much can be dangerous. The supplement packaging says:
“Zahler Prenatal+DHA is a balanced, synergistic formula that provides a curated compilation of nutrients your developing baby requires in the optimum ratios for absorption, metabolism, and safety â€
This is important since the National Institute of Health states that interactions among supplement ingredients can be harmful if the proper dosing is not observed and controlled. For this reason, it’s best to take a pre-natal formula produced by a careful and conscientious manufacturer such as Zahler, who has achieved high scores on product purity, nutritional value and ingredient safety with independent evaluators such as Labdoor.
ABOUT ZAHLER PRODUCTS: the name behind the formula
The Prenatal + DHA 300 formula, as with all Zahler products, has undergone the following testing and safety measures:
GMP CERTIFIED MANUFACTURING: This product is produced in a GMP certified facility. GMP stands for â€œgood manufacturing practices.â€ GMPâ€™s were developed with specific established FDA guidelines, which is the only accredited American National Standard in the dietary supplement industry.
THIRD PARTY TESTING: All Zahler products undergo the National Public Health and Safety International Organizationâ€™s third party testing to verify and certify they meet these public health and safety standards. Products, like Zahlerâ€™s, that meet the rigorous seven-step standards can bear the NSF mark, as this product does.
With so many brands to choose from, the quality control Zahler submits their products to gives me the confidence to select this multi-vitamin.
MORE PRODUCT FEATURES
- The Zahler Prenatal+DHA formula is free of gluten and contains no artificial dyes or additives.
- EASY TO SWALLOW: The softgel capsules are slick and not too big so I found them to be very easy to swallow. I do have problems with larger pills and found my former multi-B vitamin often too difficult to swallow, even though it was coated. Â These are no problem to swallow even on the first try.
- KOSHER: All consumers benefit from the extra scrutiny this product receives when qualifying for its Kosher Pareve designation.
Whether you’re pregnant and want the best for your baby, or you are just looking to stay healthy and keep your hair, skin and nails in top form, check out Zahler’s formula!
Find Zahler Prenatal + DHA 300 Premium Multivitamin atÂ https://www.amazon.com/Zahler-Multivitamin-supplement-development-Certified/dp/B01KYBTSQQ/ref=sr_1_7_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1486495572&sr=1-7&keywords=prenatal&th=1
You can also get 20% off with codeÂ PRENLDHA at checkout!
Style Chicks received this product in exchange for our unbiased review and received compensation for our time and effort. However, our experience with the product and the opinions expressed in this review are 100% ours.