Sacred Mama Organics SuperFood Beauty Oil is the beauty brainchild of Sacred Mama Organics founder Judy Beserra. This organic oil packs in beauty powerhouses like Pomegranate, Royal Jelly, Abyssinian Seed and Rosehip Oils. The true star of this oil, however, is “baby collagen”-making Watercress.
Wonderful, Wonderful Watercress
Sacred Mama Organics SuperFood Beauty Oil is a non-comedogenic Watercress-based oil. It is suitable for daily use and beauty emergencies.
We previously posted exciting skincare research identifying the exact mechanism of the skin resiliency changes that cause rougher skin and overall skin aging. The study cited that Watercress reverses these skin issues by promoting Collagen III production in the dermal cells. Collagen III is known as baby collagen because it is plentiful at birth but diminishes with age. Collagen III must regenerate in the dermal cells of the papillary dermis skin layer to reverse signs of aging.  Watercress can do this.
Watercress also contains many skin-enhancing nutrients. One example is copper. Copper builds both collagen and elastin.
Elastin gives skin its’ springy, vibrant, youthful bounce. Elastin is as important as collagen, but fewer products address elastin restoration. And even fewer restore the collagen and elastin fibers in the dermal cells.
Watercress is only one of the many skin-enhancing ingredients in this amazing formulation.
These ingredients are natural, safe and backed by many independent research studies. Let’s take a look.
The SuperFood Beauty Oil Experience
Sacred Mama Organics SuperFood Beauty Oil is a non-comedogenic oil suitable for daily use and beauty emergencies.
There is a heavier feel to oil out of the dropper, yet feels lightweight on the skin. It absorbs quickly without being sticky or leaving a greasy residue. It leaves a lovely, natural glow on my skin.
There is absolutely no irritation or breakouts from this oil. It is effective for restoring skin after a peel or excess sun exposure.
Application & Use
Apply after cleansing on slightly damp skin. Just four to six drops moisturized my entire face and throat. Gently massage and press the oil into face, throat, and décolletage etage. Skin looks dewy snd hydrated.
I love using this oil after an evening facial steam! I love using this oil with my jade roller to encourage the absorption of every last drop.
Sunscreen and makeup do not pill on top of this oil.
Very mild to no discernible scent within the bottle. Slightly natural and leafy, a bit citrusy. I cannot detect any scent on the dry down.
It comes in sturdy and attractive presentation packaging, most suitable to give as a delightful gift. The packaging also keeps the oil safe in storage.
The angled tip dropper to precisely dispense each precious drop with no waste.
About the Brand
Sacred Mama Organics founder Judy Beserra comes from a family of entrepreneurs. Her Dad was a Watercress Farmer. Her Mom, an artist. She taught Judy important natural skin care lessons.
Judy combined her Watercress knowledge with her knowledge and love of organic products to create Sacred Mama Organics. Future Sacred Mama Organics formulas will also use watercress as the base.
The formulation took lots of research and effort, then in 2019 Sacred Mama Organics SuperFood Beauty Oil debuted.
We love this rich yet non-comedogenic restorative oil. It is packed with ingredients that work harmoniously to restore skin. Research shows these ingredients can work wonders for all skin types. It is lightweight on the skin, yet deeply moisturizes rough and dry patches. We will keep you posted as to our skin progress with future Sacred Mama Organics SuperFood Beauty Oil updates.
where to find it
Find Sacred Mama Organics SuperFood Beauty Oil at https://sacredmamaorganics.com/products/superfood-beauty-oil
Have any comments or questions about Sacred Mama Organics SuperFood Beauty Oil? The Style Chicks are here to answer them.
Leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Shiseido Succeeds in Visualization of Internal Skin Elasticity Decrease of Type III Collagen Involved in Age-Dependent Degradation in Skin Elasticity.” Shiseido, Shiseido, Apr. 2018, corp.shiseido.com/en/newsimg/2423_c3b40_en.pdf.
- A.A, Abdulghani &A, Sherr & S, Shirin & G, Solodkina & Morales Tapia, E & B, Wolf & A.B, Gottlieb. (1998). Effects of topical creams containing vitamin C, a copper-binding peptide cream and melatonin compared with tretinoin on the ultrastructure of normal skin “A pilot clinical, histologic, and ultrastructural study. Disease Management and Clinical Outcomes. 1. 136-141. 10.1016/S1088-3371(98)00011-4.
- Mitsuishi, T. , Shimoda, T. , Mitsui, Y. , Kuriyama, Y. and Kawana, S. (2004), The effects of topical application of phytonadione, retinol and vitamins C and E on infraorbital dark circles and wrinkles of the lower eyelids. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 3: 73-75. doi:10.1111/j.1473-2130.2004.00070.x
- Bucekova M, Sojka M, Valachova I, et al. Bee-derived antibacterial peptide, defensin-1, promotes wound re-epithelialization in vitro and in vivo. Sci Rep. 2017;7(1):7340. Published 2017 Aug 4. doi:10.1038/s41598-017-07494-0
- Park HM, Cho MH, Cho Y, Kim SY. Royal jelly increases collagen production in rat skin after ovariectomy. J Med Food. 2012;15(6):568-575. doi:10.1089/jmf.2011.1888
- Park HM, Hwang E, Lee KG, Han SM, Cho Y, Kim SY. Royal jelly protects against ultraviolet B-induced photoaging in human skin fibroblasts via enhancing collagen production. J Med Food. 2011;14(9):899â€“906. doi:10.1089/jmf.2010.1363
- Phetcharat, L et al. “The effectiveness of a standardized rose hip powder, containing seeds and shells of Rosa canina, on cell longevity, skin wrinkles, moisture, and elasticity.” Clinical interventions in aging vol. 10 1849-56. 19 Nov. 2015, doi:10.2147/CIA.S90092
- Grajzer, Magdalena, et al. “Characteristics of rose hip (Rosa canina L.) cold-pressed oil and its oxidative stability studied by the differential scanning calorimetry method.” Food chemistry 188 (2015): 459-466.
- Phetcharat, The effectiveness, Clinical, 2015
- Antioxidant Activity of Pomegranate Juice and Its Relationship with Phenolic Composition and Processing Mara I. Gil, , Francisco A. Toms-Barber , Betty Hess-Pierce, Deirdre M. Holcroft, and, and Adel A. Kader*, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2000 48 (10)
- de Cassia da Silveira E S¡, Rita et al. Analgesic-Like Activity of Essential Oil Constituents: An Update. “International journal of molecular sciences vol. 18,12 2392. 9 Dec. 2017, doi:10.3390/ijms18122392
- Orchard, A, and Sandy van Vuuren. “Commercial Essential Oils as Potential Antimicrobials to Treat Skin Diseases.” Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine : eCAM vol. 2017 (2017):4517971. doi:10.1155/2017/4517971
ABOUT THIS POST
Sacred Mama Organics SuperFood Beauty Oil was submitted to Style Chicks for consideration purposes. All opinions and experiences are 100% our own.