Winter is brutal to beauty: skin gets dry, hair is brittle & flyaway, lips get chapped. Fight back with a stylish Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier to restore the moisture that forced indoor heat robs from hair & skin.
The dreaded combination of frigid cold temperatures outside and the forced air heat indoors wreaks havoc on skin, hair, and lips. Forced heat robs the air of moisture, making hair brittle, flyaway and lifeless, and skin and lips dry, irritated, flaky and raw. A good way to ensure your skin stays supple and your hair remains hydrated during the rough winter months is a humidifier. We like the Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier.
ABOUT THE CRANE DROP ULTRASONIC COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER
A humidifier is well-known to many of us as an item we’ve used since childhood whenever someone needs coughing, sore throats and congestion soothed during colds and flu. But traditional humidifiers are noisy with an erratic output. This Crane Drop humidifier has some innovative features:
The Crane Drop Humidifier is virtually soundless and can run for ten hours straight on one tank fill, with an auto-shut off feature when the tank runs empty. There is an adjustable output function. It runs for 24 hours on the medium setting. It releases up to 2.3 gallons of gentle, cool mist moisture per day. The nozzle turns 360 degrees so the cool mist output can be directed as desired. There is no filter to change, yet it’s BPA-free, Clean Control Antimicrobial Material reduces mold and bacteria growth up to 99.96%.
The Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier Features:
- Uses regular tap water to create a cool mist
- Uses ultrasonic technology to add humidity to the air without causing excess moisture
- Soothes a cold, sore throat or a cough to the point that over-the-counter cough syrups or decongestant medications are not needed to sleep comfortably
- Stops dry skin, bloody noses, and chapped lips resulting from irritated sinuses, allergies or illness.
- Helps alleviate problems related to the dehydrating nature of winter heating including static electricity and cracks in paint and furniture.
- The Center for Disease Control found that keeping the relative humidity levels indoors in the range of 43% – 60% helps prevent the movement of germs, including the flu virus.
BEAUTY BENEFITS OF USING THE CRANE DROP ULTRASONIC HUMIDIFIER
Skincare products are most effective with moisture: Does your nighttime face or eye cream contain Hyaluronic Acid? The Crane Humidifier is ideal to pair with overnight beauty creams that contain Hyaluronic Acid, which draws moisture from the air into your skin. If there is no moisture in the air, Hyaluronic leaves skin looking drier, older and irritated. By using a humidifier at night, the air has enough moisture to supply the Hyaluronic Acid the hydration it needs to make your skin dewy and supple.
Is your regular skincare regimen too harsh on your skin in the winter? It may just be the overly dry air, consider using a humidifier in your bedroom and home office before discontinuing effective skincare products.
- A better nights’ sleep is a definitively hard-to-beat beauty boost
- no chapped lips and noses from breathing dry air
- skin stays moist
- no waking up with dry, red eyes
The “drop” is an attractive shape that does not stick out like a sore thumb in our decor, we place the humidifier on a side table with some plants and knick knacks, and it blends right into the decor. We chose pink, but it comes in several colors.
MY EXPERIENCE USING THE CRANE DROP HUMIDIFIER
It is easy to fill and carry with no leaks. The directions are seen on the top of the box. I filled the tank, secured back the cap, and it goes directly onto the base, but I also found that I could place the tank down, put the base on top of the tank, then flip it around. The nozzle goes on top, and then plug in the humidifier.
The Ultrasonic feature makes for a very fine mist that does not leave the room soggy (no need for a towel underneath to absorb leaks or excess moisture).
The pieces are sturdy and the was no leaking.
Turn the dial on and adjust it to control the speed and degree of steam output.
The nozzle turns 360 degrees to aim the mist whenever you need it, it turns easily and the steam is a cool, even mist.
As it is the dead of winter and I have forced air indoor heat, I frequently wake up with dry eyes, a scratchy throat, and dry skin.
After one night of use, I did not wake up with a dry mouth, or with dry, red eyes. My skin was soft instead of feeling tight and a bit itchy and my lips were not their usual dry, chapped morning selves. I did find that I slept better, even though I didn’t have a cold or a cough, the moisture made it easier for me to breathe.
The Crane Drop humidifier was as good as silent, it does not disrupt sleep at all and it ran a full nine hours.
- Uses less energy than a household light bulb
- The energy-efficient design uses ultrasonic technology to replace the moisture that indoor dry heat removes.
- Crane’s Drop design is modern and looks attractive enough to leave as decor instead of hiding away.
- For use in rooms up to 250 square feet
Tips for best use
- Place the Crane Drop Humidifier on an elevated surface (not on the floor or a towel like humidifiers that might leak)
- Disinfect with Crane Descaler solution HS-1933 or white vinegar/fresh water solution for 30 minutes and rinse
- Review the included operation manual for more tips
BONUS: Look inside the box with the manual and warranty within the box packaging, because at this time with the Crane Drop Humidifier, it comes with a card for a free 12-issue subscription to Better Homes & Garden Magazine, no credit card required, there are no fees and no auto-renewal.
A virtually silent, cool mist humidifier comes in many colors to match almost any decor and can run for ten hours on one tank fill. Suitable for use in a baby’s room, a child’s or adult’s bedroom, or in any room of less than 250 square feet, it is an energy-efficient way to keep your home more comfortable during dry winter months. Easy to set up, fill and use with no filter, it is safe to leave on overnight, making for a better nights’ sleep during the winter. It replenishes harsh winter indoor air with the level of moisture necessary to support keeping hair hydrated and skin dewy, as well as reduce maintaining the optimal humidity for reducing germs and flu virus within the home.
Find the Crane Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier in pink and other lovely colors at Amazon: http://amzn.to/2k8A0jU
Style Chicks received this product in exchange for our unbiased review and received compensation for our time and effort. However, our experience with the product and the opinions expressed in this review are 100% ours.