About BakuchiolBakuchiol is derived from the leaves and seeds of the babchi plant. Bakuchiol is a natural retinol alternative. It is plant-based, non-irritating, and clinically proven statistically as effective as retinol. Bakuchiol improves photoaging, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation equally as well as retinol, but Bakuchiol is better tolerated.  It stimulates collagen within the skin, as well as significant improvement in wrinkles, pigmentation, elasticity, and firmness without the retinol-associated side effects.  Bakuchiol inhibits melanin production on age spots and acne scars . Bakuchiol helps with acne. Bakuchiol is a plant-based phenol that decreases wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. Studies show that gentle, natural bakuchiol holds its’ own against Retinol.
“Our study demonstrates that bakuchiol is comparable with retinol in its ability to improve photoaging and is better tolerated than retinol.” One randomized, double-blind, clinical study compared retinol and bakuchiol. There was no statistical difference between how each decreased wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. But the retinol users reported facial skin scaling and stinging.  A second study confirmed the Retinol-like functionality of bakuchiol. It also documented the stimulation of collagen within the skin. Bakuchiol was used twice a day for 12 weeks. The result was a significant improvement in wrinkles, pigmentation, elasticity, and firmness without the retinol-associated side effects. 
About Tropical MeltCaley Cosmetics Tropical Melt is an excellent multi-tasker to address wrinkles, acne, discoloration, and acne. Apply this multi-tasking balm to damp skin and use it as a cleanser, makeup remover, mask, or leave-on treatment. We love the retinol results AND how skin still feels so supple, hydrated, and smooth!
More from Caley CosmeticsHere are some of the other Caley Cosmetics skincare and makeup we love:
Caley Cosmetics Beach Babe Natural Eyes Eyeliner
Caley Cosmetics Color Wave Natural Lipstick
- Dhaliwal, S.; Rybak, I.; Ellis, S.R.; Notay, M.; Trivedi, M.; Burney, W.; Vaughn, A.R.; Nguyen, M.; Reiter, P. (February 2019). “Prospective, randomized, double-blind assessment of topical bakuchiol and retinol for facial photoageing”
- British Journal of Dermatology. 180 (2): 289=296. doi:10.1111/bjd.16918. ISSN 0007-0963. PMID 29947134.
- Chaudhuri RK, Bojanowski K. Bakuchiol: a retinol-like functional compound revealed by gene expression profiling and clinically proven to have anti-aging effects. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2014 Jun;36(3):221-30. doi: 10.1111/ics.12117. Epub 2014 Mar 6. PMID: 24471735.
- Ohno O, Watabe T, Nakamura K, Kawagoshi M, Uotsu N, Chiba T, Yamada M, Yamaguchi K, Yamada K, Miyamoto K, Uemura D. Inhibitory effects of bakuchiol, bavachin, and isobavachalcone isolated from Piper longum on melanin production in B16 mouse melanoma cells. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74(7):1504-6. doi: 10.1271/bbb.100221. Epub 2010 Jul 7. PMID: 20622433.
- Dhaliwal, S.; Prospective, British Journal of Dermatology, 2019
- Chaudhuri, Bakuchiol, Int J Cosmet Sci. 2014